Two Words in Round 1: Brodrick Bunkley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Words in Round 1: Brodrick Bunkley

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

At 6'3, 307 and with awesome strength (225, 40 times) and speed, Bunkley is an athletic AND productive DT. He works hard, had phenomenal stats at FSU for a DT - 9 sacks, 25 TFL, 15 hurries.

He's obviously a hard worker. Best comparison to an NFL player? Richard Seymour of the Patriots.

I think Bunkley could be the "Seymour" of the Dolphins. He ideally fits the mold of the DT/DE position that Carter and Holliday currently play.

I know that this may not be as great a "need" player - but he would be a fantastic addition and could be as much of an impact player as any other position that may be available in round 1.

Of course, he is rapidly moving up the draft board. But, there is a chance other team needs will cause him to fall to us (or close enough that we can take a shot).

Thoughts on ... a) selecting him if he's available; and b) his potential availability.

He could also maybe be a replacement for Keith Tractor Traylor who is getting up there in years.....Bunkley would not be a bad choice if he is still there at #16...I think he will be gone.

Bunkley is a great prospect but take a 2nd look at the stats you gave us. He is a ball of muscle but is still undersized. He isn't a two gap DT in the 3-4 system. He is more of a one gap DT. He wont fit into our system too well and isn't fast enough to play DE (5.0 40). Great player but unlikely. He'll be gone by then I'd imagine, I heard the Ravens were high on him.

The Dolphins already have two young promising DT's on the roster in Vickerson and Wright. I think they need to go in a different direction with their 1st round pick. There are more need areas on the team like linebacker, safety, offensive line, and receiver.

He wont be there. I'd take him in a heartbeat though. Ngata too.

Bunkley is a great prospect and Id love for us to take him at 16. The thing is, theres no way that will happen. Bunkley has been rising up the draft boards faster than most anyone else. He is overtaking Ngata as the top DT and wont make it past Cleveland at 12... its nice to dream though

Da 'Fins said:
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

At 6'3, 307 and with awesome strength (225, 40 times) and speed, Bunkley is an athletic AND productive DT. He works hard, had phenomenal stats at FSU for a DT - 9 sacks, 25 TFL, 15 hurries.

He's obviously a hard worker. Best comparison to an NFL player? Richard Seymour of the Patriots.

I think Bunkley could be the "Seymour" of the Dolphins. He ideally fits the mold of the DT/DE position that Carter and Holliday currently play.

I know that this may not be as great a "need" player - but he would be a fantastic addition and could be as much of an impact player as any other position that may be available in round 1.

Of course, he is rapidly moving up the draft board. But, there is a chance other team needs will cause him to fall to us (or close enough that we can take a shot).

Thoughts on ... a) selecting him if he's available; and b) his potential availability.
We don't need another DE. Can he be a monster 3/4 NT? If so, good pick.

BgBruthaJuvi said:
Bunkley is a great prospect but take a 2nd look at the stats you gave us. He is a ball of muscle but is still undersized. He isn't a two gap DT in the 3-4 system. He is more of a one gap DT. He wont fit into our system too well and isn't fast enough to play DE (5.0 40). Great player but unlikely. He'll be gone by then I'd imagine, I heard the Ravens were high on him.

Certainly he may be gone. But, I don't think he is undersized. Richard Seymour is 6'5, 309. He's the ideal D-lineman in the 3-4 - He can play a two gap DT spot, can shift to DE or DT in passing down situations. He gives the Pats great flexibility - which is what you need in that system.

Back
Top Bottom