Two years no playoffs with him, six in a row without do the math | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two years no playoffs with him, six in a row without do the math

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
No playoffs with ricky at all, six years in a row with kareem, jj johnson, parmalee, lamar smith, so what am i missing. Problem is he is so good that wanny was afraid to pass the f----ing ball once in awhile. get the ball to chambers, mcmicheal and boston

I Feel the exact same way...w/o Ricky the whole team will have to step it up cause there wont be a goto guy anymore who can pound all day and i think the team gets bored 2 downs run up the mid and pass 3rd its too predictable i feel they will spread the ball around more now and be rdy for a heavy Dose of Randyy Mc Micheal ! hes gonna carry the load :)

100% right, too dependent on him. we should use the 10 million cap space we have and sign mcmicheal, chambers, carey, ogun to long term incentive based deals. all at the same time. that way the cant compare and complian about who got more $$$.
also remeber as trianing camp starts and closes other teams release players, lawyer milloy last year.

Bonedoc7777 said:
No playoffs with ricky at all, six years in a row with kareem, jj johnson, parmalee, lamar smith, so what am i missing. Problem is he is so good that wanny was afraid to pass the f----ing ball once in awhile. get the ball to chambers, mcmicheal and boston
Someone actually getting it. Thanks for being able to connect the dots. On two sites I've seen few missing this little point.

RW was great, but he was too good, when you have a coach that is too afraid to throw. That is why RW was getting almost 400 carries a season.

I believe this might have help push RW into retirement. He knew what Wanny was doing and did not want to be a part of it.

Running RW in the last Jets game last year was the kicker. He had a busted shoulder, one that he could have sat out any number of games but didn't.

Once Miami was out of the playoffs. How did Wanny repay him? By playing him in a meaningless game to save a job he was not going to lose anyway.

I agree all the way around. It's just we all know how great he is so we depended on him too much. If boston pans out and the line holds up this year we would've had such a well rounded O. I think we're all a bit bitter about the fact that he left now. I mean not only is eddie george gone, yes he's past his prime but he brings unquestioned leadership, but so are the other backs from the draft who have the potential to be great NFL backs including Stephen Jackson who in my opinion will be great. Sure we wouldn't have been able to draft carey, but still there was the opportunity to do something about another back (even though I think travis minor is very underrated). It just wasn't professional whatsoever by ricky. If he cared at all about this organization he would have left earlier or gave wanny the heads up and played one more year. Alright off my tangent. Its been a few years since a superbowl champ has had a great rusher. The pats, like it or not had one of the greatest teams of the past few decades without a great back or a quarterback with a cannon for an arm. Maybe feeley's our brady or delhomme, maybe not. But, ricky or not it was time for an offensive change. We need new schemes and for goodness sakes we need a TEAM. we need guys to mesh together as a whole. Maybe ricky leaving and all the other bs that has happened this offseason was good in that our fins come together and play as a unit.

You guys were pretty scary with Ricky in the backfield against the jets. If you can make a deal for Jordan, we will fear you once again

Back
Top Bottom