TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

"Us your money wisely"

IMHO spending money on a top OL is using money very wisely and something we've neglected for decades, Its time and highly overdue. Now I'm not necessarily saying THE Top positional C or OT but if within reason yet more high end feel its critical and a top end guy would suit me fine. So tired every year bringing up OL OL OL . Like this past season said early OL could be reason for failure of season, hmmm. Add on coaching staff and Bada Bing. Were forum pre-season was RB, WR conscious

Now I have to say McD's system may see others as valuable and fitting his system in which at this stage he has my full support.

But me I'd like one of the top 3-4 C available, throw Dieter at LG and do it again for OT.
Its just to important to neglect, over trying to save money ( within reason) JMO
I should have said use your draft picks wisely.....not need to be moving up for a center with all the needs we have on offense.
Using the money in free agency to fix the oline is the way to go.

I should have said use your draft picks wisely.....not need to be moving up for a center with all the needs we have on offense.
Using the money in free agency to fix the oline is the way to go.
Just my thought on the overall need and increased help of an accomplished vet who could pass along their tricks and insight and needed help in teaching.
Experience almost as important as quality in our situation.
Now Linderbaum becoming reachable would be awfully hard to turn down, which I wouldn't.
But thats truthfully not in the cards....

For me we are way way overdue for a couple quality OL men. Way overdue...and $$$$wise I'd push the envelope within reason. But hey McD I'm sure knows what he wants for an OL and I look forward to more than likely being surprised ( but confident, because there are a lot out there I'm clueless about )

I didn't realize there were some good ones this year in FA. We need a HIGH QUALITY center. If we can pay up for a veteran that would be top 10 in the league then thats also a no brainer...and the younger the better. The point of this is to build an offense for YEARS TO COME.

But if we aren't willing to pay premium dollars then we need to spare a pick and grab Linderbaum.

We CANNOT go into next season with ****ing Deiter or a sub-average center. So sick of seeing us neglect this position for years.

I like Linderbaum and he could be a fixture for the next 10 years so for a player like that it is worth it. The question is how much do you give up to get him without mortgaging the future? In FA we need a tackle, a RB, an edge, and a WR. We have the space to pick all those up, and we could take Armstead at tackle, Fournette at RB, and Godwin at WR. Then we draft a WR like Rambo late or Olave or Wilson in the first if we miss on Linderbaum. One other player I really like is the LB Lloyd out of Utah. 3 down LB who is a beast, and would give us the sideline to sideline LB we want/need.

Centers almost never get drafted in the first rd, even the great ones. If he gets drafted in the first round that tells me this years draft is very weak. I love the kid and would love to draft him. I believe he will be available at our pick.
Agree. I think he'll be there at 29 if the Fins want him. No way you trade up for a center.

Not sure I want to draft a C in the 1st round, but I'd say he's worth it. Linderbaum is a stud at OC or OG. Coach Applebaum should have a solid idea of whether he's worth it or not.

Nobody wants to ever respect the Center...but it is arguably the most important OL position. It requires a high football IQ and the player must excel at BOTH pass/run blocking. Their build has to be able to withstand the most MASSIVE DT's in the league.

The center touches the ball AS MUCH as the quarterback. Think about that. You look at the best QB's in the league and they've always had the same center with them for the majority of their careers.

This is a position that takes a RARE TALENT and it requires the player to be VOCAL...they're effectively the "leader" of the OL.

Tua needs his center. Why not one of the best prospects to come out in decades? We passed on Ruiz and then we passed on Humphrey....ENOUGH.....we NEED a HOF potential center for Mc D's offense to shine. We need Tyler Linderbaum.

He is projected to go to Pittsburgh by MANY at #20...and if they don't take him then surely the Cardinals, Raiders, Bills, Titans, or Packers will. We HAVE to be willing to trade up AT LEAST 10 spots for him. Do it. Trade with the Eagles for Pick #19. Whatever it takes. Even their #15 or #16 picks.

You remember what life was like with Pouncey? Remember how bad we were when he was injured? How about ever since he left the team? The center is critical. It's time we get ours.
I remember Pouncey snapping the ball over the QBs head and out of the EZ for a safety in 3 consecutive games. He was so overrated. But I get your point. Yes, we need a stud center.

It all depends on FA. If we can get one of the available quality centers (Jensen, Jones) then we use draft resources elsewher. If not, then try to move up (offering Parker and a mid/late rounder) to land Linderbaum.

As someone who knows almost nothing about college football, it was nuts to see Humphreys overwhelmingly considered all of the above:

-a guy who was going to be plug-and-play
-would go in the 2nd/3rd
-floor was a “sure bet”
-loved by lots of posters unanimously here

And the dude outperforms all expectations. All-Pro level as a rookie. And did go in the late 2nd right?

And we’re over here fumbling along with eleven guards and historically bad performances across the entire line.

How does a professional team miss this SO bad? This is 1+1 type of stuff here.

As someone who knows almost nothing about college football, it was nuts to see Humphreys overwhelmingly considered all of the above:

-a guy who was going to be plug-and-play
-would go in the 2nd/3rd
-floor was a “sure bet”
-loved by lots of posters unanimously here

And the dude outperforms all expectations. All-Pro level as a rookie. And did go in the late 2nd right?

And we’re over here fumbling along with eleven guards and historically bad performances across the entire line.

How does a professional team miss this SO bad? This is 1+1 type of stuff here.

Well.....in fairness.... we were told Eichenberg was our plug and play guy at RT.

WHEN asked he even stated he feels most comfortable and prefers RT.

BUT..... He never played at RT for us..

Go figure.

Chances are Flores would have wanted to make sure Humphrey had versatility. So he would have had him playing LT in camp. When he failed at LT, he would have been benched.

After all, Flores watched these guys everyday. So he clearly knew who the best options were lol

Well.....in fairness.... we were told Eichenberg was our plug and play guy at RT.

WHEN asked he even stated he feels most comfortable and prefers RT.

BUT..... He never played at RT for us..

Go figure.

Chances are Flores would have wanted to make sure Humphrey had versatility. So he would have had him playing LT in camp. When he failed at LT, he would have been benched.

After all, Flores watched these guys everyday. So he clearly knew who the best options were lol

I don't know anyone who had Eichenberg ranked ahead of Humphrey. I had him two tiers lower (76-100 vs Top 40).

Didn't say he was ranked higher. Just that he was claimed to be a plug and play RT.

I never wanted Eichenberg. I was completely on the Humphrey train.

If only

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you did. I was just noting that Miami had a habit of passing up higher-rated OL and finding out that they're not as smart as the room.

Back
Top Bottom