UDFA Linebackers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA Linebackers

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Our LB corps is getting a major overhaul this year ... and for good reason. Aside from Kiko, we did not have a single NFL starting caliber LB on our roster. Now we do. Timmons brings a veteran presence that should help ... but he his skills have eroded rather dramatically over the last year and a half. We need him to improve over last year to come anywhere close to his salary. Still, he's an improvement over Hewitt and Paysinger even if he continues to play poorly. IMHO, Raekwon McMillan is the real deal and is destined to be the star of our LB corps for the next decade. The kid is just what the doctor ordered. I also like Kiko a lot. He creates turnovers, has incredible range, generates tackles for loss and when he is part of a talented LB line, we will see him flourish. But ... don't sleep on these UDFA's. I think they are more talented than the last class of good UDFA LB's we had in Vigil, Hewitt and Hull. Here's what I mean.

Praise Martin-Uguike:
This kid had 12 forced fumbles ... let me say that again, TWELVE Forced Fumbles. That's the kind of takeaways we need to be generating. Kiko can't do it all alone. So can the kid play? Yes. He can contribute in the pass rush as a hybrid DE/LB prospect, he has good explosion and pretty good speed. He has power in his upper and lower body. He is a ferocious tackler (did I mention that he forced twelve forced fumbles!?!?!?!?), and he makes his impact felt. Take a look here.

Praise Martin-Uguike highlights

Chase Allen:
This guy is instinctive, big, and fast. I'm not sure how he is in coverage, but he definitely reads plays well, fills well, and lays the wood in his tackles too. The measurable are there for a good Mike or Sam prospect, and he is very good against the run. He has closing burst, good adjustments in his approach, vice-grip tackler who follows through the ball-carrier into the ground. As you can see from the video below, he also generates forced fumbles ... which I really like. I'd like to see more of him stacking and shedding, as well as how he does in non-zone coverages, but this guy would have started for us last year if he were on our roster.

Chase Allen highlights

If I were Hewitt, Hull and Misi ... I would be looking over my shoulder right about now, because these kids can play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, 16 teams tried to sign Oguike to a UDFA contract, he signed with Miami. I think his off field situation may have hurt his draft stock, inspite of his innocence. It took 2 years before the truth came out, he dedicated himself to football and choose Miami to sign with. Good luck young man.

Apparently, 16 teams tried to sign Oguike to a UDFA contract, he signed with Miami. I think his off field situation may have hurt his draft stock, inspite of his innocence. It took 2 years before the truth came out, he dedicated himself to football and choose Miami to sign with. Good luck young man.

Speaking of Oguike, I just got around to reading the details of his case. Disgusting. There's a guy on YouTube who sent an email to the administrators at Temple University and made a video about it:

[video=youtube;rEEFtZfeoQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEEFtZfeoQg[/video]

Hewitt is the only one I would keep out of the backups from last year. I think he's developing well.

Hewitt is a lock to make the team. He's developed quite well, and still has a lot of untapped talent. I'd consider Misi a lock considering that he's the only backup with a good amount of starting experience.

Yeah.... Mike Hull should be worried. Decent special teamer but I see nothing there as an NFL linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom