Ugly Game, But BEAUTIFUL win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ugly Game, But BEAUTIFUL win

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The game had horrible conditions, but these are the types of games you have to win late in the season, and we traditionally haven't.

Let's start by talking about Henne. Yes from a stat perspective it was ugly, but you have to look at circumstances (and I'm not talking about weather). He actually threw the ball away a couple times, including on a failed screen pass. He was also victimized by several bad drops. Whether some posters here want to admit it, he made good decisions. Including that roll out/sack. Instead of forcing anything or doing too much, he scrambled a bit and went down to force a timeout. Eli Manning cost the Giants a game earlier this year scrambling and fumbling. Again though, many posters here won't give Henne credit for being smart. Its not their style.

Ronnie Brown to me had a bad game. Yes he fumbled, but he also danced way too much again. Also, in my opinion, Henne's sack/fumble was on him. He didn't pick up the blitzer, and it cost us. People can say our OL didn't open any holes, which might be true, BUT how is it that Ricky will follow is blockers and get 3-5 yards going up the OL's back while Ronnie bounces around?

Wide Receivers had quite a few drops. I only saw one bad throw today, but that is my judgement.

OL wasn't THAT bad. A lot of missed pick ups by Ronnie, Ricky, and Masterud on blitzes. Murtha didn't look too bad either so credit to him for playing ok.

The game was about the defense. Sean Smith was AMAZING in coverage, but crap getting INTs. If we gave up more points that would be more troublesome, but if you compare Smith now (great at breaking up passes, and a good tackler) to the one of the preseason, it is night and day.

Vontae continues a great season eliminating whoever he covered.

Nolan Carrol also looked decent on D. Got burnt on a double move that was dropped (though why was he on Holmes?), but overall looked solid.

Paul Solia continues to improve, and show his intelligence. Sanchez, who has decent mobility, could not juke Paul cause he stayed disciplined. Also did a great job reading screens. Big Paulie is def putting a pro bowl caliber year together.

Dansby deserves so much credit this year and won't get it. So smart and clutch.

Moses is silently developing into a good situational player. Took him long enough, but better late than never.

I noticed us lineup a lot in this look: a DL of Langford-Solia-Merling-Wake with LBs being Dansby-Misi-Crowder. Actually a very effective formation.

Cam Wake.... enough said.

Brandon Fields was the difference. With the O struggling, he continuously turned around the field position.

Speaking of ST, how bout Jon Amaya and Reshad Jones? Both rookie gunners did great covering Fields bombs.

Overall the offense was ugly, but it was also in very sloppy conditions. Henne didn't make any stupid throws which is a plus, and didn't cost us. We also started getting more production from pass rushers not named Wake, and our young secondary continues to improve shutting down a very talented offense. This is not a great game to judge the offense too much though cause of the conditions.

One day our season is over and the coach should be fired, the next we score a big win and are back in the thick of things. And so it goes, around and around. Overall I like the direction this team is going.

I like the positive vibe from this thread.. nice to read a thread with subsequent posts like this for once on this site.

I like the positive vibe from this thread.. nice to read a thread with subsequent posts like this for once on this site.

For the Record, I've never been against Sparano. I made a thread of potential replacements BUT said I was in favor of Tony.

HOWEVER, Dan Henning needs to go

It was ugly but a win. 1 thing would have made today awesome. If we would have caught all of Sanchez's picks. He could have easily thrown 5 picks today. That would have been awesome!

Back
Top Bottom