ummm guys, how many free agents do we need to resign this off season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ummm guys, how many free agents do we need to resign this off season?

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
It looks like we have a bunch of important guys we need to lock up...

Only core guy who is FA is Soliai if I remember correctly...

I definitely want Soliai re-signed. Langford too because we have developed him and he is solid against the run. I don't like the idea of developing a young guy and then letting him walk as he enters his prime.

No way, no how should we let Soliai walk. It does us no good to fill other holes and then let leaks spring up by letting developing players walk.

I feel good that we will re-sign Soliai and Langford. I'm sure Ireland wants them back at their age.

There are quite a few very interesting free agents this year. We could definitely fill some holes and upgrade some positions.
It all depends on the coach.
I think Solai should be given a priority.

I definitely want Soliai re-signed. Langford too because we have developed him and he is solid against the run. I don't like the idea of developing a young guy and then letting him walk as he enters his prime.

No way, no how should we let Soliai walk. It does us no good to fill other holes and then let leaks spring up by letting developing players walk.

I feel good that we will re-sign Soliai and Langford. I'm sure Ireland wants them back at their age.
All depends on the new coach at this point. Soliai will not be worth his contract in a 4-3 defense...

I think Soliai would still be an immovable force as a DT in a 4-3. Look at how the Vikes played a couple of years ago when they had the Williams "brothers" at DT. No one could run on them for a 2-3 year period. Soliai brings that ability and he would be a good DT in a 4-3 IMO. Remember Ireland follows the "planet theory." There are only so many big guys out there. He could play similarly to Tim Bowens when we had a 4-3 some time back. Starks would play the Daryl Gardner position. Odrick and Wake at DE. I think it would work, but I want Soliai back. We lose him, and suddenly we need to put a high draft choice or other resource at DT. No thank you.

Like so many are saying it will depend on coach and his schemes . Dont see any player we have as a free agent as irreplacable but at right price would like many of them back.

I think Soliai would still be an immovable force as a DT in a 4-3. Look at how the Vikes played a couple of years ago when they had the Williams "brothers" at DT. No one could run on them for a 2-3 year period. Soliai brings that ability and he would be a good DT in a 4-3 IMO. Remember Ireland follows the "planet theory." There are only so many big guys out there. He could play similarly to Tim Bowens when we had a 4-3 some time back. Starks would play the Daryl Gardner position. Odrick and Wake at DE. I think it would work, but I want Soliai back. We lose him, and suddenly we need to put a high draft choice or other resource at DT. No thank you.
Starks, Odrick would be a great DT duo, backed up by Mcdaniels. We sure wouldnt have to spend big bucks there...

If we lose both Soliai and Langford
why didn't we trade them this past season for "anything"
knowing we had no interest in resigning both.

If we lose both Soliai and Langford
why didn't we trade them this past season for "anything"
knowing we had no interest in resigning both.

Well it takes two teams to trade and although both are fine players I doubt either had alot of trade value. once we tagged Solai he had zero trade value because no team outside of us was going to pay him that money

Back
Top Bottom