'Undefeated: Inside the 1972 Miami Dolphins Perfect season` | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Undefeated: Inside the 1972 Miami Dolphins Perfect season`

'Deep

Club Member
Reaction score
So, just received Mike Freemans new book about the perfect season. Thumbed thru it briefly and it looks good. I wish they had more info on the 1973 season when we went 12-2 and routed Minnesota in SB VIII. Anybody read it?

No I have not but cannot wait. We almost made it to 4 straight Super Bowls during that crazy run (lost to Raiders in playoffs).

Does anyone feel Atlanta might do it?

-ucfpf13

No I have not but cannot wait. We almost made it to 4 straight Super Bowls during that crazy run (lost to Raiders in playoffs).

-ucfpf13
The `Sea of Hands' loss to the Raiders in the `74 playoffs is still imo, the most crushing loss in our history. Coupled with the fact that it was Csonka, Kiick and Warfields final game before bolting to the WFL. I was 8 and I remember watching that game like it happened yesterday!

So, just received Mike Freemans new book about the perfect season. Thumbed thru it briefly and it looks good. I wish they had more info on the 1973 season when we went 12-2 and routed Minnesota in SB VIII. Anybody read it?

Bought it and read the first two sections and so far it has been a very good read. I'd recommend it.

-ucfpf13

They have a chance to go unbeaten, but they have some tough games coming up against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants which could be problems, and if the Saints start to push on from where they are at they could cause an upset. So for me, I don't think they will do it, because what happens if they get to 13-0 or 14-0, do they rest Ryan for the play offs like the Packers did with Rodgers? If they do, they can kiss goodbye to the unbeaten record. But if they go at it like the Patriots did, then they have a chance. Though overall I think they'll finish somewhere around the 12-4 mark, maybe 14-2.

I can't believe Don Shula hasn't written a full biography yet. The only behind the scenes Dolphins book that I can think of is Jimmy Johnson: Shark Among Dolphins.

I heard the other book by Brian Griese was better. Its called "Perfection: The Inside Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' Perfect Season."

Here is the book: http://www.amazon.com/Perfection-Inside-Dolphins-Perfect-Season/dp/1118218094/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_3

-ucfpf13

I dont think so. I expect 1 loss for sure. The game coming up @Philly is not good for them and also 2 games vs Saints, 2 vs Tampa, and 1 vs the Giants. They will drop one of those.

If they do pull it off though good for them.

I heard the other book by Brian Griese was better. Its called "Perfection: The Inside Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' Perfect Season."

Yeah, saw Grieses book and was torn between the two. A lot of the reviews said it`s the better read for the 'general' sports fan but hardcore Miami fans will have heard most of Bobs stories before.

Back
Top Bottom