Adriano
Roberto Carlos
Raul
Bebeto

all have in common?? They have all played in this tourney

We have Brasil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, USA, Mexico

The tourney is the 2nd biggest tournament in the World after the World Cup

It has 24 teams and Canada is the host nation

This is going to be a great (as great as any tourney can be without Italy:boohoo:)

GO :canada: GO

What do

Maradona,
Luis Figo
Henry
Adriano
Roberto Carlos
Raul
Bebeto

all have in common?? They have all played in this tourney

We have Brasil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, USA, Mexico

The tourney is the 2nd biggest tournament in the World after the World Cup

It has 24 teams and Canada is the host nation

This is going to be a great (as great as any tourney can be without Italy:boohoo:)

GO :canada: GO

Actually, it a pretty small tournament. The second biggest and important soccer tournament after the World Cup is the EURO championship. After that, the Copa America.

There's a reason why very small countries can host the U-20.

Having said that, Adu will be on the US U-20 team if I read correctly. That guy better finally start showing his potential.

I heard Adu showed his potential in the friendly against Chile. US won 2-1...and Adu hit a backwards header that almost made it 3-1....

I heard Adu showed his potential in the friendly against Chile. US won 2-1...and Adu hit a backwards header that almost made it 3-1....

Well, he's got creativity no doubt. But, he's never shown any vision. That's one BIG problem that needs to be corrected.

And as far as potential, he just hasn't shown what he is supposed to be capable of in MLS so far. Granted, the guy is 17, but compare this to Messi!

Anyway, the guy has time to develop. But, if he's not a regular on the Nats by 2010, then he will not have fulfilled his potential. We'll see what he does this time at the U-20's.

By the way, the US coach is a terrible selection: Thomas Rongen. Exactly what has he done?? Every MLS team he took the reigns of did NOT do well. So, why this? A mystery for sure..

Actually, it a pretty small tournament. The second biggest and important soccer tournament after the World Cup is the EURO championship. After that, the Copa America.

There's a reason why very small countries can host the U-20.

Having said that, Adu will be on the US U-20 team if I read correctly. That guy better finally start showing his potential.

It is the 2nd biggest according to FIFA. WHere it matters on importance is up to you

For me it is

1A. EURO 1B. World Cup
3 and lower are all good but the first 2 bring out the passion in me

If Canada had a better national team I could see them hosting a World Cup. We have some infrastructure already and we have the cash

1. World Cup....(how you can say Euro Cup is better is beyond me)

It is the 2nd biggest according to FIFA. WHere it matters on importance is up to you

For me it is

1A. EURO 1B. World Cup
3 and lower are all good but the first 2 bring out the passion in me

If Canada had a better national team I could see them hosting a World Cup. We have some infrastructure already and we have the cash

??

The U-20 is much smaller (forget importance, look at size) in comparison to Copa America or EURO championship.

The total attendance for the 2005 U-20 held in the Netherlands was 503,000 spectators:
http://ottawastart.com/story/4475.php

The total attendance for European Championship in 2004 was 1,156,473:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_UEFA_European_Football_Championship

There's no question the European Championship is a much larger tournament.

As far as Copa America, well I can't find the official stats for the most recent ones, but consider one from 1991:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_1991

If you add up all the attendance figures for JUST group A matches, you already get 500,000!! Again, no question Copa America is bigger.

So, I don't know where you are getting your stats. Remember, you were just talking about soccer tournaments, not FIFA tournaments.

And if we get into importance, well the U-20 hardly gets on the map in comparison.

1. World Cup....(how you can say Euro Cup is better is beyond me)

The World Cup is the best and then the european championship follows after that in terms of national competitions. The Champions League is the best club cup competition

Right...but World Cup is #1 and he said 1b after Euro Cup...BTW you saw that goal that won us the Gold Cup? :D

??

The U-20 is much smaller (forget importance, look at size) in comparison to Copa America or EURO championship.

The total attendance for the 2005 U-20 held in the Netherlands was 503,000 spectators:
http://ottawastart.com/story/4475.php

The total attendance for European Championship in 2004 was 1,156,473:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_UEFA_European_Football_Championship

There's no question the European Championship is a much larger tournament.

As far as Copa America, well I can't find the official stats for the most recent ones, but consider one from 1991:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_1991

If you add up all the attendance figures for JUST group A matches, you already get 500,000!! Again, no question Copa America is bigger.

So, I don't know where you are getting your stats. Remember, you were just talking about soccer tournaments, not FIFA tournaments.

And if we get into importance, well the U-20 hardly gets on the map in comparison.

I'm just saying FIFA says it's the second biggest tourney they run, probably based on the number of countries that try to qualify

Hopefully Canada beats the 500,000 fans even if they are playing in smaller venues

Did you think that was a penalty for Donavan's goal??

A soft PK, but a PK none the less. Ching was stopped from kicking. It was a foul...pity it was in the box. How could you not call that though? Ching was going to have an opportunity at goal...don't think he'd INTENTIONALLY fall to get a PK call.

Mon the Scotland :D :D :D

Everyone is understimating us which is good :)

Back
Top Bottom