USA vs. Canada | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA vs. Canada

bullseyeguy

Heart of A Champion
Reaction score
Tonight is the night we've all been waiting for.
UFC 58: Usa vs. Canada

Rich Franklin Vs. David Loiseau >>> Loiseau in the 3rd stoppage due to cut from elbows.
Should be a good fight, Rich is on top of his game right now, but Loiseau is a monster. If Rich catches one of those infamous elbows, we could have a new champ.

Georges St. Pierre Vs. BJ Penn >>> St. Pierre in the 1st rear naked choke.
St. Pierre is like a stick of dynamite, Penn might have some rust. I expect to see a dominating performance by St. Pierre, setting him with a title shot.

Nate Marquardt Vs. Joe Doerksen >>> Doerksen 2nd TKO
Should be a leather throwing party, hard to pick here.

Mike Swick Vs. Steve Vigneault >>> Swick 1st round KO
"Quick" Mike Swick, not only do I expect his domination in the ring to continue I cant help but cheer for this guy. Get it under 20 seconds this time Mike.

Yves Edwards Vs. Mark Hominick >>> Edwards 1st round TKO
Yves should continue his winning streak with a UFC newbie.

Rob MacDonald Vs. Jason Lambert >>> Macdonald
We get to see a TUF2 fighter take on another newbie, should be interesting

Tom Murphy Vs. Christophe Midoux >>> Murphy
Another TUF2 fighter.

Spencer Fisher Vs. Sam Stout >>> Fisher
Ill go with the guy whos atleast been to the dance.

Overall, Im pretty excited it looks to be a pretty fun card. First of all we have the whole old school country vs. country thing going on. More importantly this card looks like a thunder storm waiting to happen. With all these explosive fighters on the same card, im totally pumped.

UFC 58: Usa vs. Canada

Georges St. Pierre Vs. BJ Penn >>> St. Pierre wins a split decision, in a very exciting fight..unfortunately the idiot fans booed him afterwards.

Nate Marquardt Vs. Joe Doerksen >>> Marquardt wins

Mike Swick Vs. Steve Vigneault >>> Swick 1st round quillotine

Yves Edwards Vs. Mark Hominick >>> Hominick wins

main event is on now...

Rich Franklin destroyed Loiseau in a 5 round decision in a fight that Franklin broke his hand in the 2nd round. The third round was as exciting a round as Ive seen since Griffin vs. Bonnar, but other than that it looked like a child fighting against a full grown man.

Rich Franklin is really on his game right now... he is fighting like a slightly smaller Liddell currently.

thanks for the report Bullseye! the BJ Penn loss suprises me, but only a little. St. Pierre is getting better and better each time out. i thinkk i give BJ more credit than he is due possibly, for past performance.

CharlestonPhan said:
Rich Franklin is really on his game right now... he is fighting like a slightly smaller Liddell currently.

thanks for the report Bullseye! the BJ Penn loss suprises me, but only a little. St. Pierre is getting better and better each time out. i thinkk i give BJ more credit than he is due possibly, for past performance.

The first round BJ dominated, it looked like it would end early, but that was in part due to St. Pierre getting poked in the eye in the first few minutes, and getting his nose broken earl. After he got cleaned up in round 2 though, he came back and made it a good fight. It really could have gone either way, but I had the slight edge going to George... I still think BJ is a good fighter, I just think he should have fought someone a liitle lower on the totem pole his first fight back.

bullseyeguy said:
The first round BJ dominated, it looked like it would end early, but that was in part due to St. Pierre getting poked in the eye in the first few minutes, and getting his nose broken earl. After he got cleaned up in round 2 though, he came back and made it a good fight. It really could have gone either way, but I had the slight edge going to George... I still think BJ is a good fighter, I just think he should have fought someone a liitle lower on the totem pole his first fight back.

BJ had still been fighting right, just not for UFC? i was under the impression he went o fight for Pride FC or some other organization, or am i mistaken?

USA "won" 5-3..

Undercard results--

Rob MacDonald Vs. Jason Lambert>>>Jason Lambert Wins by Submission at 1:54 in the 1st round .

Spencer Fisher Vs. Sam Stout>>>Sam Stout Wins by Majority Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Tom Murphy Vs. Icho Larenas>>>Tom Murphy Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:59 in the 3rd round .

Back
Top Bottom