USC loss could be huge for The 'U' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC loss could be huge for The 'U'

My thoughts as well. Also, Nebraska not petering out would have helped in our ACC situation, but that's why we're in Blacksburg next week.

Virginia Tech looked TERRIBLE and I'm almost willing to guarantee we drop 40 on those dudes. They'll be a big test for our offensive line but even still, Nebraska ran the ball down their throat.

The USC loss helps our cause but I still say we fall into that 13 - 15 range at the moment. We should be ranked above Virginia Tech and i'm still rolling with FSU to take down BYU today.

Their D is still pretty decent though, so I think it's still going to be a tough game up there.

21 to 7 (Miami) my humble guess.

Virginia Tech looked TERRIBLE and I'm almost willing to guarantee we drop 40 on those dudes. They'll be a big test for our offensive line but even still, Nebraska ran the ball down their throat.

The USC loss helps our cause but I still say we fall into that 13 - 15 range at the moment. We should be ranked above Virginia Tech and i'm still rolling with FSU to take down BYU today.

If FSU knocks out #7 BYU, that HAS to put the Canes higher than 13-15, right? I don't know....I'm thinking we're going to be ranked 1 spot behind Va Tech in a lot of polls. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

If FSU knocks out #7 BYU, that HAS to put the Canes higher than 13-15, right? I don't know....I'm thinking we're going to be ranked 1 spot behind Va Tech in a lot of polls. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

If/When BYU loses this shakes up the polls significantly more I think. We could be knocking on the door of the Top 10 and I don't care how it shakes up...we should be ahead of Virginia Tech in every poll. I don't see how anyone breathing can slot Virginia Tech ahead of us at the moment.

If/When BYU loses this shakes up the polls significantly more I think. We could be knocking on the door of the Top 10 and I don't care how it shakes up...we should be ahead of Virginia Tech in every poll. I don't see how anyone breathing can slot Virginia Tech ahead of us at the moment.

For sure, but how many of those guys actually watch the games? In the end, they'll see that Va Tech beat a ranked OOC opponent. I just hope we're below them because we always seem to play better in the underdog role.

The USC loss was a disaster. Not merely because I'm an alum. You need to preserve the teams that can actually defeat Florida. The mush spread teams have no chance. Florida does what they do, only better with superior personnel. But a basic smack you in the mouth team has every opportunity against the Gators. I was convinced Tennessee would give them fits. I took the points but 3 minutes into the game was kicking myself for not playing higher. It was typical sucker prognosticating, stuff like Mike Wilbon picking Florida by 57. Physical defensive teams invariably become underrated when they lose a close low scoring game as favorite, like Tennessee to UCLA last week. The focus becomes the lack of offense. Meanwhile, make them huge underdog and that defense is still there, the one that only allowed 19 last week, and a roster stacked with SEC athletes, not Troy or Charleston Southern.

That variable will be available forever. I'm always annoyed when I don't take greater advantage. The Florida anger angle was absurdly overblown, just like 2007 when commentators were convinced New England would be raging to pay back the Jets late in the season for Spygate. That was also a 10 point game, if I remember correctly, half the pointspread, if not less than half.

USC was without its starting QB today. The backup Corp was inept. But that team has great personnel and a fundamental style that could give Florida fits, once the young players came around in January.

Spread teams develop a mush mindset and thrive while playing other spread teams. Consequently the Big 12 is all but impossible to stomach, at least for me. Florida would be secretly thrilled to face a mirror team like Texas with all the pathetic plays out of the shotgun. And the mid level SEC finesse teams like Georgia, Arkansas and Auburn looked comically weak tonight, no threat of actually hitting someone.

Now you can see why Pete Carroll was so emotional when Sanchez did not return. Obviously it was plenty selfish. Carroll knew he had a great opportunity in '09 with Sanchez, otherwise it was big trouble on offense, at least early in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tennessee's offense was miserable.

I agree with you Awsi about Sanchez. Neither Corp nor Barkley look up to that form.

Back
Top Bottom