Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark

I 100% agree that its a hard goal to reach and I definitley agree that there are good teams around but there aren't many, especially in the east. I already said that I don't think they can do it but it is not completley outta the question. Cleveland won 61 games last year and that was with a roster that wasn't nearly as good as this Heat roster.

Bottom line, I would be more surprised if they didn't win atleast 65 than if they won 70 games

I think reaching 70+ is a goal they should have the year after winning a title, putting too much energy and focus in 70+ could hurt them come playoff time but at least if they had a title in the bag that could relax them a bit and they could just attack the record. I don't see it happening but it's not impossible.

I think reaching 70+ is a goal they should have the year after winning a title, putting too much energy and focus in 70+ could hurt them come playoff time but at least if they had a title in the bag that could relax them a bit and they could just attack the record. I don't see it happening but it's not impossible.

Again, completley agree. Judging by the trio's criticism that they've recieved from people I don't think they're shooting for anything less than a title. I really don't think they care if they get the Bulls regular season record or not. I don't think that a Eastern championship will be a problem but I still see them not getting passed the Lakers this year. That team is too complete. If the Lakers don't make it to the Finals though than Miami will be champs.

But I thought we been through this, the NBA in this era is watered down. SOFT!!! It may not happen but its possible. This team is much better than the Cavs team that was put around James last year and they were 9 games out of winning 70

True...that's what keeps making me think they have a chance at it. Like Le Batard said about LeBron, "He won 66 games...without Dwyane Wade!!!!!" :lol:

I think only one team has ever won 70 in the history of the league so yeah I'd say expectations are too high if you expect 70 wins.
I know there was only one team that won 70 games in NBA history. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the Heat, but I see them with a win total of 60-65.

Kind of like when Denver slogged through the regular season in 97, then blew the doors off of everyone (except us) in the regular season the next.

I know there was only one team that won 70 games in NBA history. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the Heat, but I see them with a win total of 60-65.

lebron did this without wade in cleveland the last couple of years. Not to mention that the players that are on this team are much better than any that supported him up north. This is exactly why I say that I'd be more surprised if they lose more than 20 games than if they won atleast 70.

lebron did this without wade in cleveland the last couple of years. Not to mention that the players that are on this team are much better than any that supported him up north. This is exactly why I say that I'd be more surprised if they lose more than 20 games than if they won atleast 70.
Either way, it looks like the Heat are going to have a good year.

Kind of like when Denver slogged through the regular season in 97, then blew the doors off of everyone (except us) in the regular season the next.

Denver lost their perfect season the week before they played you and were beginning to put it in cruise control. We saw what Denver did to you in January.

Either way, it looks like the Heat are going to have a good year.

I think that is pretty safe to say.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's safe to say junc. that's why i say it. over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be shocked, this team isn't nearly as good as that Bulls team and 70+ wins is incredibly difficult no matter how good you are. Some of the greatest teams in NBA history(teams much better than this heat team will be) didn't win 70 games.

like who???

I would be shocked, this team isn't nearly as good as that Bulls team and 70+ wins is incredibly difficult no matter how good you are. Some of the greatest teams in NBA history(teams much better than this heat team will be) didn't win 70 games.

Oh hell no you didn't. The Heat have LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Two SUPERSTARS. Now I'm not saying this team will be better than any of the Bulls teams and I myself find the claims of 73 wins a bit far fetched, but you said Scottie Pippen wasn't a superstar and wasn't a great player. So if the Bulls only had one superstar in Michael Jordan and we have two...you see what I'm getting at.

Oh hell no you didn't. The Heat have LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Two SUPERSTARS. Now I'm not saying this team will be better than any of the Bulls teams and I myself find the claims of 73 wins a bit far fetched, but you said Scottie Pippen wasn't a superstar and wasn't a great player. So if the Bulls only had one superstar in Michael Jordan and we have two...you see what I'm getting at.

Scottie was a great role player, no he wasn't a superstar but he was a perfect sidekick for Michael. How will lebron react to being wade's #2? and Micahel was so far and away better than Wade and Lebron which turns it in Chi's favor.

Plenty of teams have had 2 superstars, very few have been as good as those Jordan led Bulls teams b/c Jordan was the most dominant force we have ever seen in the modern era of NBA basketball.

Everyone keeps asking how will LeBron do as the #2. I don't think he'll like it blah blah blah.

I think he's perfect for it. I think it fits his style. I think it's who LeBron is. People say LeBron quit and isn't a leader and then question how he will react to not being the leader lol. Make up your minds.

The Bulls were a better team and won 72 games not because Michael was so much better than everyone but because Scottie was a superstar. You can't put up the numbers Scottie put up and do the things that he did and not be a superstar. Every player on that 1992 Dream Team was a superstar minus Laettner.

Everyone keeps asking how will LeBron do as the #2. I don't think he'll like it blah blah blah.

I think he's perfect for it. I think it fits his style. I think it's who LeBron is. People say LeBron quit and isn't a leader and then question how he will react to not being the leader lol. Make up your minds.

The Bulls were a better team and won 72 games not because Michael was so much better than everyone but because Scottie was a superstar. You can't put up the numbers Scottie put up and do the things that he did and not be a superstar. Every player on that 1992 Dream Team was a superstar minus Laettner.

Scottie was a great role player, he wasn't a superstar. We'll see how lebron reacts to being a role player. I expect it will work for Miami and they'll win championships but it's hard to win 70 games.

Back
Top Bottom