Venting on recent comments about our QB Situation.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Venting on recent comments about our QB Situation..

FakeSpike13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I want to start off by saying that the way a lot of finheaven posters judge our qb situation is truly ludicrous. Everybody is throwing around these wild predictions based upon one of two things: their opinions due to their frustration or the first mini-camp of the year, a poor indicator on any player's performance. Mini-camp is Mini camp and its good for one thing: SHAKING OFF THE RUST!!! In no way should anyone base any logical argument on what they see from a player at minicamp. Like JT said, anyone can make the all-Davie team right now. Players are without pads and are more worried about avoidind the season-ending injury than their performance, especially with all our veterans. Even the preseason is a weak indicator (although a lot better), considering you face mostly second and third stringers...

Even worse, is the insane notion that Sage Ronsenfels should be our starting qb. He is not an NFL-caliber starting quarterback!!!! He's barely worthy of a clipboard holder IMO. We have Feeley which we are banking (just take a look at the investment), we have the veteran qb familiar with the system and with a sh*tload of wins... What we needed was a diamond-in-the-rough clipboard holder, Cody Pickett? What we don't need is a has-been, or in Sage's case a never-will-be. I remember 2 years ago when Fiedler and Lucas got hurt late in a game, Sage comes in: 2 runs, a underthrown pass of under 10 yards and PUNT... some guys can't be a starter in the NFL... Sage is one of them... GET USED TO IT!!!! This is by far a lot worse that the people fervently, and I underline fervently, basing their beliefs on the 1st minicamp.

Finally, I want to pre-warn everyone. Yes, Jay Fiedler will based on his performance deserve to win the job at the end of all the training camps and the preseason. Maybe I overestimate him, but 4 years in the system and familiarity with RW, RM, and CC will do that... This is not the question... Yes Sage will look like an All-Madden qb against 3rd-stringers and preseason cuts. Yes, it will be apparrent that feeley needs more work in our system... But he doesn't have to beat out Fiedler in his performance... He has to merely stay close with him, neck and neck, letting his physical skills shine over Fiedler's smarts... Then its on DW's shoulders (god i hate the sound of that). Will wanny turn to his safety-blanket Fiedler (i still don't understand y FIedler is), pointing to rather meaningless and biased preseason performance. Or will he consider the better physical abilities of Feeley, our investment in him, the fact that he will only get better with more familiarity in our system, and the fact the his only limited experience was in crunch-time and he was successful? I don't know if DW's train of thought is that advanced hah...

* A sidenote: sorry for my mini-tirade, it's just i've been going insane with so many of the same types of posts, plus I despise the typical bandwagon fan... I sadly know a few too many of them, and it disgusts me. Their naiveity and disloyalty are shameful. And going all-out backing Sage is a joke and is sort-of the same, jumping on a good mini-camp bandwagon.

GO FEELEY!! Here's to the future!!! We might have a qb who can hit our wide-open wide receivers 20 yards away. Is in-stride too much to ask? Wow, will we actually have a signal-caller worthy of the respect that we will see 8 in the box instead of 10? I sure hope so, for our sake and DW's...

GO FEELEY!! Here's to the future!!! We might have a qb who can hit our wide-open wide receivers 20 yards away. Is in-stride too much to ask? Wow, will we actually have a signal-caller worthy of the respect that we will see 8 in the box instead of 10? I sure hope so, for our sake and DW's...

Agree GO FEELEY!!!!:rocker:

I agree with Go Feeley, but the tirade against Sage seems like the wildest prediction. It is your opinion and your entitled to it, but it is directly contradicted by Norv Turner and according to reports several current Dolphin players.

true

But that's why I labeled the thread venting... Although I fully stand by my comments about Sage, I agree they were put in a bad way... As for the comments from Norv, they were most likely from frustration of Fee Fee's weak arm which forced norv to limit the playbook to the kindergarten level. And as for the players, I just can't see what they have to base their opinions from, a non-contact practice running the scout team? Or perhaps picking up the scraps in a worthless preseason game versus at most special teams players or more likely: preseason bodies/cuts?

According to Ozzys Training Camp report on Feeley he threw a very good out pattern with a nice tight spiral and he seemed to have an impressive arm. It's very early and I have faith in Marc Trestmans ability to have A.J. ready on opening day. At this point that's all we should be asking for IMO.

Back
Top Bottom