Vernon Carey linked to the Shapiro Miami Investigations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey linked to the Shapiro Miami Investigations

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigati...EKZO5rpRMuB_?slug=ys-vernon_carey_allegations
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided a handful of extra benefits to Vernon Carey during his junior and senior seasons. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• Food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro’s $2.7 million Miami Beach home.

• Entertainment on Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht.

Corroborating accounts

• Yahoo! Sports has acquired a photo of Carey sleeping on Shapiro’s yacht during a fishing trip in the summer of 2003.

In Shapiro’s words

• “Vernon Carey was first introduced to me, he came to my house with Bryant McKinnie. Bryant McKinnie was already a pro. Miami had just won the Rose Bowl [following the 2001 season], so yeah, he was going into his junior year.”

• “He was part of a few events, private events. He wasn’t a club guy so much. But he was at my friend Mark Levinson’s bachelor party.”

Mildly surprised. How many people were involved in all of this?
Seems there are more Probowl players on that Miami List involved then all other schools........Combined.
Thats how we roll in the 305. (God I hate that saying.)
Chubbs

It's in the past. Food, entertainment, and drinks? These are some bogus claims

Hopefully Clint Hurtt hasn't been doing anything shady here at U of L.

I've heard about that guy wining & dining players in the past ... don't believe anything came of it.

I think the problem is going to be payola, moolah, & benjamins.

Cash is the vilest of four-letter words to the NCAA .. gotta keep it clean so they can be millionaires on the backs of kids.

The dang politicians get free tickets & sports junkets out the wazoo ... NCAA needs to put them on probation too!! Limit the number of politicians a city can have for 3 years!! lol

Edit: Look at PFT ... alot of cash changing hands!! That's the issue!!

Every single college does this type of ****. This guy is a f$@!in stooley, straight up and down. Now the U is gonna get the USC treatment smh...

The Canes athletic program.............. :lol: :sidelol: :lol:

Dude got pissed after none of those guys he bought all those hookers for did nothing to try and help him when he was on trial. Classic.

Back
Top Bottom