Vick vs The NBA refs: Which story will be bigger? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick vs The NBA refs: Which story will be bigger?

Which story will be bigger?

• Micheal Vick and dogfighting

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • The NBA and ref(s) betting on and fixing games

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters

Ronnie Bass

R.I.P. - Nick is God
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, both these are going to be HUGE, and I mean very huge cases and something you know the media will be running full steam ahead on.

Vick. He is a huge name and dog fighting is just so disguisting to any normal person it adds an extra bit of sensation to the story.

There's no question that Vick's legal troubles will get more media attention. The NFL is bigger than the NBA; Vick is one of the most marketed figures in the NFL; and dogfighting arouses more anger among most people than gambling does.

NBA ref because it hurts the integrity game in a big time for the next couple of years (maybe even decade). This is a HUGE story.

Vick is a dope and just a moron for what he did with the dog fighting etc. What he did is no doubt wrong but the NFL has survived having a HOFer accused of murder (OJ) and actually having a player get sentenced to jail for murder (former Carolina Panther player who's name escapes me at the moment) while playing and moved on.

when i look back in a few years at vick ill be like wow he was the idiot that threw away his opportunity and 118 million dollar deal, when i look back at the nba ref ill be like damn i cant believe that could actually happen.

I think its the NBA only because what Vick did does not have an affect on actual games. I think it is a despicable act and if he is guilty, Vick should be thrown in jail, however, his actions do not affect the integrity of the game. An official who is fixing games or calling fouls to make games go to either side of the point spread makes these games a joke.

It's the NBA ref issue. The NBA has had a credibility problem with their refs for several years now, and now, whatever credibility they had left is absolutely shot. Even if Stern knew nothing about this and every other ref is blameless (and I believe that's the case), people are going to have a hard time taking the NBA officiating seriously.

The Vick story will be bigger. The NBA strory will be relegated to mostly just the "sports" world, the Vick story is a national story with a lot of pissed off/disgusted non-sports fans.

The Vick story will be bigger. The NBA strory will be relegated to mostly just the "sports" world, the Vick story is a national story with a lot of pissed off/disgusted non-sports fans.

I will agree with that, But to Sports fans its more about the NBA story.

The NBA ref story is bigger.

The Falcons/NFL can remove Vick, and then the NFL is off the hook. Business as usual. The games go on

The NBA will have a dark cloud over their head for every game played in their league for a while. Your combining the Sopranos with sports and this story will be much bigger than Vick.

I honestly don't know, both these are going to be HUGE, and I mean very huge cases and something you know the media will be running full steam ahead on.

I don't know, but hopefully Vick and the NBA ref will both be doing jail time.

The NBA story is bigger. This could cost the NBA big time...just like Baseball with the steroids....it'll leave a lasting impression on the game, and not in a positive way.

Vick. He is a huge name and dog fighting is just so disguisting to any normal person it adds an extra bit of sensation to the story.

I agree man. More dog lovers then NBA fans. Vick wins, at least in terms of being more vile and disgusting

NBA ref because it hurts the integrity game in a big time for the next couple of years (maybe even decade). This is a HUGE story.

Vick is a dope and just a moron for what he did with the dog fighting etc. What he did is no doubt wrong but the NFL has survived having a HOFer accused of murder (OJ) and actually having a player get sentenced to jail for murder (former Carolina Panther player who's name escapes me at the moment) while playing and moved on.

Uhhh OJ was long since retired so what does he have to do with the NFL? He didn't do anything like that while in the league.

Rae Carruth is the Panther you're talking about. He wasn't a star like Vick was.

Different situations in both cases

Back
Top Bottom