Viking declare Bennett offlimits... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Viking declare Bennett offlimits...

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Vikings: Mixon could sit out two games as penalty for DWI
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
July 27, 2004

The Vikings have put running back Michael Bennett off limits to potential trade suitors and established a high price for Onterrio Smith. For that reason, coach Mike Tice said Monday, it is "doubtful" the team will entertain any serious offers for Smith

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4895842.html

They're just mad we screwed em over with Kenny Mixon :roflmao:

Please don't bite on this Spielman....let them keep their RB's they obviously want the farm for them.

Personally hearing Bennett is off-limits doesn't bother me what so ever. I have no desire to see him in Aqua. Now Onterro Smith on the other hand I would love to see dawn the Fin jersey. This guy is a potential stud. Only problem is I think the Vikes know that and will want a hefty amount for him, probably O-Gun or a 1st. I would most likey trade O-Gun for him if they threw in a 2nd or 3rd along w/Smith. The 1st for Smith on the other hand would be a little tricky. We'd have to look at the incoming draft class and see what kind of potential is out there. Personally I don't know much about it right now but I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

All that said and done...lets go get DeShaun Foster. I'm telling you (injuries and all) this guy is a top 5 back in the making. If we don't go for him now, the market is going to be extremely high for him next year with only Alexander and LT ahead of him on the RB market.

phinphanphrommi said:
They're just mad we screwed em over with Kenny Mixon :roflmao:
But they got us w/ Dimtirius Underwood (Wasn't that his name?)....

I really don't think we need any other running backs, ours just haven't had the chance to prove themselves..I really wish the team would just stick with what they have..I actually like the mixture..you have 2 big men in Konrad and Morris for goal line and short yardage..you have speed and power in L. Henry...you have speed and quickness in Minor and Russell. I wish Wanny would just take the chance and let the guys prove themselves..that's the only way you know..with Ricky no one else really got a chance. You never know what you have until you take the blinders off your eyes (Coaching Staff) and see.

Why would Minnesota even go public with such statements about their RB's??!! It's a ploy. They want to trade one of them. They just want a lot in return.

You don't see teams going publich with who is and who isn't offlimits out of the blue.

i knew bennett probably wasnt going anywhere, but the high price for smith suprised me. he is good, i dont question that, but he is also very unproven. i personally still say we work a deal out for moe williams. he is like ricky, but can catch better, and unlike last year, really blasts through the o-line.

MDFINFAN said:
I really don't think we need any other running backs, ours just haven't had the chance to prove themselves..I really wish the team would just stick with what they have..I actually like the mixture..you have 2 big men in Konrad and Morris for goal line and short yardage..you have speed and power in L. Henry...you have speed and quickness in Minor and Russell. I wish Wanny would just take the chance and let the guys prove themselves..that's the only way you know..with Ricky no one else really got a chance. You never know what you have until you take the blinders off your eyes (Coaching Staff) and see.

I agree totally. I think we have guys that can fullfill this role but if we stumble across a good deal thats a diffrent story but I think we are ok. Ricky even said himself minor was much quicker and faster than him.

Back
Top Bottom