Vince Young blurb - this one's a gem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young blurb - this one's a gem

MiamiMan147

I'm a Rocket Man
Reaction score
This was tacked on to the end of the recent Lawson article.

The folks in Tennessee, where the Titans pick No. 3, were very concerned when they had Texas quarterback Vince Young on the chalkboard during their personal interview with him. At one point, Young went to draw a play to work against a specific defense. He ended up with three offensive linemen blocking the same player.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

EDIT: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12455548/page/2/

Misinformation. Or, maybe its just made up.

I would take Vince Young in a heartbeat.

Young, Cutler, Leinart. Thats how I see them in this league. Leinart's accuracy is a real red flag. Go back and look at the tapes.

or, more likely, he's an idiot and doesn't know the first thing about an NFL offense which explains why mack brown had to dumb down the offense so he could be even half-way competent in it.

questioning leinart's accuracy is hysterical.

I really don't want Young. How can a QB with this many question marks still be top 10. I thought for sure after seeign the Rose Bowl he was going to be a top 2 pick but now after his interviews, workouts, and combine I am not so sure. Add to that someone with an awkward throwing motion, a shotgun style offense his whole career and a good team around him and I think you have reason not to pick him.

I can't believe you can question Leinharts accuracy. If anything it is his arm strength that is a concern.

If he played O-line I would worry :rolleyes:

All you say is 'Vince you find the open man'

'O-line you block'

Unless they were hiring him as the O-line coach I really dont care if he knows who is blocking who

I have many of Leinart's games from this year on tape. I have watched them all. Broke them all down.

He has very overrated accuracy. He was very erratic in ten of the final twelve quarters at a Trojan.

In fact, I have more concerns about his accuracy than anything else. It is an issue.

Ghetti13 said:
I have many of Leinart's games from this year on tape. I have watched them all. Broke them all down.

He has very overrated accuracy. He was very erratic in ten of the final twelve quarters at a Trojan.

In fact, I have more concerns about his accuracy than anything else. It is an issue.

:yeahthat:

Then again its easy to be accurate when all you have to do is toss it up to a 6'5 WR and throw short screen passes

Ghetti13 said:

The only time I've seen Leinart innaccurate was during the UCLA game (and it was VERY windy in LA that day), and the 1st half of the Rose Bowl. But he was lights-out in the 2nd half.

Other than that, he's been conisistently accurate during his 3 years at USC.

Alex22 said:
:yeahthat:

Then again its easy to be accurate when all you have to do is toss it up to a 6'5 WR and throw short screen passes

Who, Vince Young?

That is what I was saying. He showed good accuracy in two of his final twelve quarters. Those two quarters were the second half of the Championship game.

That is a huge red flag for me.

Also, I think if you go back, you will see that he was a little inacurrate against Cal and Notre Dame as well.

And it is true, the pass to Jarrett against Notre Dame was not an accurate pass.

Ghetti, sounds like you've been listening to Merrill Hoge. Nothing wrong with that, but I disagree.

Accuracy isn't a concern for me.

If I have any concerns about him, it's that he uses the touch pass a little too often. But I think he will adjust once he realizes that DB's close on balls a lot quicker in the NFL. And of course I'd feel better if he had a stronger arm, but it isn't a deal breaker by any means. His arm is at least as strong as Drew Brees', who made the Pro-Bowl the past 2 years... and Leinart is 5 inches taller than him.

Back
Top Bottom