Vince Young haters??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young haters???

West-Fin_Fan

Regular Browser
Reaction score
Where are the haters now??

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTVince Young18/292709.322Team18/292708.4----

Those don't look like the stats of a guy who can only run the ball. Yes, it was THE Ohio state University this time, NOT U LA.LA. He was up a aginst a great defense and yes, he threw 2 picks, but he performed like a champ and pulled it out in the end. I'd still take him over Leinart!

yessirreee. victories over "Little Ten" powers Michigan and Ohio State. Let's get that bandwagon chuggin!

Yep, I'm still here. I'll give to Vince, aside from those 2 picks he threw and a few other mistakes...he looked better than he has in the past. And it was against a fair good D. (Though I think the OSU DBs leave a lot to be desired.) Though I'm going to wait and see how the entire year goes for Young before I crown him the next hall of fame QB.....

He's too raw at this point to go anywhere higher than 8th quarterback. Not only Leinart but there are probably still seven qbs ahead of him. If you like his style of play I would say Jacobs is ahead of him even though he's raw too

As far as being a quarterback, a guy who throws the ball and reads defenses? Jacobs is lightyears ahead even though they come from the same shotgun style offense. On the other hand Jacobs doesn't have the feet Young does, no doubt about that.

I'm not a Young hater, I'm an evaluator. And, as an evaluator I will say that Young has a longer way to go at reaching his ideal style (Donovan McNabb), than Omar Jacobs (Dan Marino/Daunte Culpepper) or Matt Leinart (Steve Young) have.

His upside potential is pretty strong and he's STILL ON the learning curve, which is important to note and remember...so I would not say Young is 8th down on any list of QBs. He belongs with the big boys and has proven that he should be evaluated AS A QUARTERBACK (unless he runs a 4.4 in the 40), but the problem with making a guy like that a top 10 pick is you give him TONS of money, only to have him sit the bench for two years and probably not become good for at least one more year. You're like, great, we just paid a guy $30 million over three years and he hasn't helped us much at all...and that's even if he turns out GOOD.

1) Matt Leinart
2)Omar Jacobs
3)Reggie McNeal
4)Drew Tate
5)Chris Leak
6)Kellen Clemons
7)Bruce Gradkowski
8)Vince Young

That's my list up to eight so far. It's still too early to really evaluate. Each QB needs at least two games under his belt. Young could definitely move up as the season progresses and others could drop but right now I think there are several ahead of him

With all due respect, lets keep the Vince Young threads in the college forum. This is the forum I come to escape the people who throw stones at Vince. But he was a heck of a leader out there tonight.

HysterikiLL said:
With all due respect, lets keep the Vince Young threads in the college forum. This is the forum I come to escape the people who throw stones at Vince. But he was a heck of a leader out there tonight.

very nice game for him tonight agreed

he trows sidearm thats all i need to know. I rather take Marcus Vick right now than Young

adamprez2003 said:
1) Matt Leinart
2)Omar Jacobs
3)Reggie McNeal
4)Drew Tate
5)Chris Leak
6)Kellen Clemons
7)Bruce Gradkowski
8)Vince Young

That's my list up to eight so far. It's still too early to really evaluate. Each QB needs at least two games under his belt. Young could definitely move up as the season progresses and others could drop but right now I think there are several ahead of him

[Edit] Add Paul Pinegar.

Ottoevans said:
he trows sidearm thats all i need to know. I rather take Marcus Vick right now than Young

It's not as severe or awkward as Phil Rivers. If you toss away guys like Vince Young and Omar Jacobs because of their delivery, I just hope you realize you would have tossed out Dan Marino by those same rules.

Back
Top Bottom