Virus alert!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Virus alert!!!!!!

Dolphins9954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My anti-virus caught 5 different viruses from the forums. I have never seen such a thing coming from one site. This needs to get fixed right away.

My virus protection is always running and does a few scans throughout the day, but I just forced it to do a full computer scan. It didn't pick up anything, so either the problem is gone, or those viruses you got were not from visiting this site.

My virus protection is always running and does a few scans throughout the day, but I just forced it to do a full computer scan. It didn't pick up anything, so either the problem is gone, or those viruses you got were not from visiting this site.

I do the same thing too. I was on this site going through the forums when all of a sudden my avg came up saying virus detected. It came up 5 different times. With five different viruses. I think it's this site because lately I've been having pop up and loading problems from only this site. And from none others. Here is the name of the all the different ones.

Real11[1].htm
Real[1].htm
Ms06067[1].htm
Ms07004[1].htm

It said that my JS/downloader agent found it. If that makes any sense.

AVG 8.0

It happened all at once. Thank God it picked it up right away.
hmm i'm running avg 8 on all my computers (4 of them) and visit finheaven on all of them, none have picked up any virus's. we'll look into it further and thank you for the heads up.

hmm i'm running avg 8 on all my computers (4 of them) and visit finheaven on all of them, none have picked up any virus's. we'll look into it further and thank you for the heads up.

Thanks alot.

I just got a virus alert from FH also!!

The past few weeks when running this site on IE I have been flooded with popups, adware, and all that crap on this site. So, I started using Firefox as my primary browser on my Windows PC.

Today I had a lapse and viewed the forums on IE and I got a virus alert. I am using Avira ANtiVir Personal by the way.

Any tips on what to do to get rid of this thing from my PC?

I just got a virus alert from FH also!!

The past few weeks when running this site on IE I have been flooded with popups, adware, and all that crap on this site. So, I started using Firefox as my primary browser on my Windows PC.

Today I had a lapse and viewed the forums on IE and I got a virus alert. I am using Avira ANtiVir Personal by the way.

Any tips on what to do to get rid of this thing from my PC?

what thing? the antivirus? there are some mal-ware antivirus programs that you have to get rid of by google searching the instructions and then going into safe-mode to uninstall them.

I have several PCs I access the site with and run several anti-virus. I have never received a virus ooff the site. None the less I have reported the concern, along with pop us, etc. to the support team.

I have several PCs I access the site with and run several anti-virus. I have never received a virus ooff the site. None the less I have reported the concern, along with pop us, etc. to the support team.

Yeah me too! I have one machine using IE7 with AVG and another one running Firefox with Avast and I've never had any virus hits from this site.

I also access the site on a few other pc's with absolutely no problems.

About these alerts

If you get a virus alert, please pay attention to the name of the virus you see there. Also, if you know how to take a screenshot, please do that, and use the private messages mechanism to report it.
And please use the "contact us" form to report problems. You can also state your claims in the forum, but we the contact us is the best way to make sure the problem will be handled by the right guy.
Thanks
Finangel

My problem was I was at work when my virus protection hit me with the warning, same thing 5 different problems that were caught. I have noticed the adds that are being loaded (several different load bars at the bottom of explorer that causes a very LONG page load delay. I have a feeling it is one specific ad that is causing the problem but it locked up my computer before i had a chance to see which string was causing the lock up- and eventual virus catch.

Whatever the problem it is a rare problem and for me it hasnt been duplicated. but i have a feeling the next time it gets caught, i will be at work again. It makes me shy away from logging on.

It was actually quite funny. I work next door to IT and a matter of moments after the Virus protection caught the virus I heard the IT door open and close. I was freaken scared to death.

Anyway I can say that there is no way the page delay should be that long. I have a direct connection to our server and sometimes it still takes 30 seconds to load a message thread.

I still manage to show up though- its the best fin forum there is.

My problem was I was at work when my virus protection hit me with the warning, same thing 5 different problems that were caught. I have noticed the adds that are being loaded (several different load bars at the bottom of explorer that causes a very LONG page load delay. I have a feeling it is one specific ad that is causing the problem but it locked up my computer before i had a chance to see which string was causing the lock up- and eventual virus catch.

Whatever the problem it is a rare problem and for me it hasnt been duplicated. but i have a feeling the next time it gets caught, i will be at work again. It makes me shy away from logging on.

It was actually quite funny. I work next door to IT and a matter of moments after the Virus protection caught the virus I heard the IT door open and close. I was freaken scared to death.

Anyway I can say that there is no way the page delay should be that long. I have a direct connection to our server and sometimes it still takes 30 seconds to load a message thread.

I was having the exact same problem as you, page loading slow and lots of activity in the explorer bar going on.

I switched to Mozilla Firefox yesterday and so far no problems.

Screw Internet Explorer!

Same exact thing hear. I load up the forums and it keeps going back and forth on the loading bar. Then I got the 5 viruses. I guess I'm not the only one here.

Back
Top Bottom