Vontae Davis has passed away | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis has passed away

He quit vs Chargers. Only game with Bills. That was Josh Allen's first start.

There's your conference championship. Bills-Chargers

I have a great memory of Vontae. Dolphins @ Jags, Fins win, he was leaving the field towards the north 50 yard line locker entrance, see’s me and my son in the first row east endzone me holding a sign, “Garade is Einhorn, Einhorn is Garade” and he raced all the way down field to jump up and grab hands and laughing. He was so cool to recognize us a Fin fans! Never forget him. We made the Herald Front page.
Go 🐬🐬 RIP Vontae

I have a great memory of Vontae. Dolphins @ Jags, Fins win, he was leaving the field towards the north 50 yard line locker entrance, see’s me and my son in the first row east endzone me holding a sign, “Garade is Einhorn, Einhorn is Garade” and he raced all the way down field to jump up and grab hands and laughing. He was so cool to recognize us a Fin fans! Never forget him. We made the Herald Front page.
Go 🐬🐬 RIP Vontae
Explain the meaning of sign please

That's what bothers me with these athletes and the way they are treated. Used for their talent then forgotten.

There is no way those who came into contact with Vontae did not know he needed help but they used him for what they wanted from him then discarded him.
Why do you think that an organization consistently ranked at the top of the league when it comes to grading out the overall team environment "discards" players?

You don't think they have a team of psychiatrists? High level coaches that are used to dealing with complex players from different backgrounds? Certain people with mental disorders and / or personality disorders cannot be helped even with the best therapy and resources at their disposal... The team can only do so much if the individual refuses to take leadership or refuses to open up about their issues. A therapist is often hampered by the strong denial of reality that many people live by. It sucks but without knowing what happened it's really just conjecture on your part.

Why do you think that an organization consistently ranked at the top of the league when it comes to grading out the overall team environment "discards" players?

You don't think they have a team of psychiatrists? High level coaches that are used to dealing with complex players from different backgrounds? Certain people with mental disorders and / or personality disorders cannot be helped even with the best therapy and resources at their disposal... The team can only do so much if the individual refuses to take leadership or refuses to open up about their issues. A therapist is often hampered by the strong denial of reality that many people live by. It sucks but without knowing what happened it's really just conjecture on your part.
Sure.

He played for several organizations.

🙄

Refresh my memory for those who remember. We had him for three years and we thought him and Smith would be our corners for a while - then he was gone - off to Indy. Why'd we not keep him around longer?
I think behind the scenes, the coaching staff felt he wasn't all that sharp mentally.

Back
Top Bottom