Vontae Davis rated highest CB to ever face Manning by pff w +8 rating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis rated highest CB to ever face Manning by pff w +8 rating

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
When it rains it pours kid just needed to be motivated. Should of given him benefit of doubt & encourage him. Instead philbin/ireland got rid of him & marshall. Cant imagine this would be a better ball club with marshall, bush, davis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 118
Not as bad as trading Wes Welker, who is still a Baller, and getting Samson Satele in return. That hurts my sack.

I don't think The man child will ever be consistent. He was like that in Miami. One great game, then a bunch of average. He is a good corner, but will never be great. That being said, we could probably use him

I liked Vontae a lot and was very vocal when we traded him. People forget that for the 3 years he was here he led the team in takeaways w 9, a pick 6 and was a very strong tackler in run support. He just needed to mature a little more. Another Ireland special. Draft him in the first, trade him PRIOR to his prime for a 2nd. Bad trade value.

Vontae gets the last laugh, he's playoff bound every year now, hell the Colts are probably favored to go to the superbowl at this point.

:lol: @ the fans who dumped all over Vontae Davis because of Hard Knocks. When will we learn when you see quality players depart your team only to do better things with other teams (Davis, Smith, Bush, Burnett, Dansby, etc) . . . its quite possible the team they left have the problems.

And Vontae scored a 33 on the Wonderlic, one less than Ryan Tannehill. Pretty damn impressive for a guy who people think is "dumber than a box of rocks". Trolling the **** out of y'all.

So let me get this straight with JEFF IRELAND....

In 2009 we spend 1st and 2nd round picks on Cornerbacks only to trade one and let the other walk in free agency three years later. These two were SUPPOSED to be our mainstay starters.

So in 2012 we have to use one the 2nd rounders we got from Vontae, AND a 3rd rounder to try and replace the two players Ireland drafted in 2009. Nice work.

Not only do we have nothing to show from the 1st and 2nd round of 2009, but we DOWNGRADE in overall value by choosing their replacements in the 2nd and 3rd round. And to push things just a little further, they don't even contribute!

How Jeff Ireland still has a job as G.M. is utterly baffling. We cannot spend another year with that scum ruining this franchise. He's drafted only for self-preservation the last 2 years because all he's been doing is buying time.

jeff Ireland is a moron. Our current cbs suck, and we traded away our 2 best for peanuts. Davis n smith should have been kept. Ireland is a numbers guy, cant tell talent for ****.

I don't think The man child will ever be consistent. He was like that in Miami. One great game, then a bunch of average. He is a good corner, but will never be great. That being said, we could probably use him

He has been a consistent shut down corner for us since about his 4th or so game with us(Not including the weeks he sat out due to injury).

I know Ireland is resident punching bag, but Philbin is not absolved of this. He was one of the main drivers of the trade because they didn't like vontae's attitude or performance in training camp. If Philbin actually liked him, he wouldn't have been traded

Vontae just got burned for a TD
Guess it his week off

Not his night. Burned again.

But it is Andre Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom