W.b.c. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

Rixon

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Anyone following the WBC???
what do you think about it????

Personally I didn't like the idea. I thought it was dumb. However I watched both games today and it was great to see baseball back. As I predicted earlier, I thought the Latin American teams would be pumped up and play hard and it looked like I was right. I mean Miguel Tejeda dropped down a bunt single so he could get on base for Pujols and Ortiz. Clearly the two Latin teams that played today showed that they care about the WBC even if most of the fans don't.

I was very disappointed about Team America. Yeah they won (very good pitching, like I said earlier in WBC threads good pitching will win) however the only one that looked like he cared was Willis and he was on the behind. I was shocked at how bad Jeter looked in the field. Of course I did enjoy (and felt bad and a little embarrassed) for Arod getting booed out of Arizona.

I still don't really care about the WBC however I will watch the games if I'm not busy (I won't go out of my way to stay home to watch a game) because it is baseball and I love the sport and miss it.

i watched part of the game and i was still rooting aginst all the cubs players. i enjoyed zambrano getting shelled. i didnt watch any of the US game bc i was busy, but i might some other time.

Why the hell isn't CUBA playing??? :confused:

I think it's a neat idea, but I wish they wouldn't do it in spring training. I'd rather see them take 2 weeks off around the all-star game every 4 years or something. This is Classic Bud Selig: good idea, terrible execution.

Cuba plays today. I cant wait to see how they play against the worlds best.
Being a cuban/american I hope they do well.

phunwin said:
I think it's a neat idea, but I wish they wouldn't do it in spring training. I'd rather see them take 2 weeks off around the all-star game every 4 years or something. This is Classic Bud Selig: good idea, terrible execution.

In my opinion there's no good time to do the WBC. Would you really want the WBC in July and stop the season for 2 weeks. I mean what if the Mets are in the playoff race and Pedro hurts himself and is out for the year and the Mets miss the playoffs by a game (hey it could happen if they play the WBC in March or November too).

Plus I think it would hurt players who aren't on teams because they'll be sitting around for 2 weeks.

theres no perfect time. they could get hurt in spring trainning too.

Its every 4 years so i dont think its that bad.

Rixon said:
Cuba plays today. I cant wait to see how they play against the worlds best.
Being a cuban/american I hope they do well.

Anyone have the final score? I think it was 2-1 Cuba early on.

6 to 6 in the 10th. Cuba was up 2 in the 9th and gave up 2 runs on a bloop single and HBP.

Ray Finkle said:
6 to 6 in the 10th. Cuba was up 2 in the 9th and gave up 2 runs on a bloop single and HBP.

Look for several Cuban players to defect after the game today. My favorite Cuban is Tony Montana...."Say Hello to My Little Friend." :lol:

wow... this is sad, U.S.A getting shut out by a single A pitcher..

Back
Top Bottom