Wallace traded to Minnesota | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace traded to Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know for sure what amount of cap relief we got out of this. I keep hearing different numbers. If we didn't get much cap relief and only got a 5th (and giving up a 7th from us too) . . . . sorry but I don't like the deal. If we got a big portion of his cap hit back in this, then I'll be more OK with this. I keep hearing how horrible he was, just like how horrible B. Marshall was and how we had to get rid of him too. So if we don't want all the diva WR's then stop bringing them in and paying them millions of dollars only to ship them off for peanuts!!! I get it, but then please STOP making the same mistakes over and over.

Why do you say that? If Wallace put up stills numbers we would say he underperformed.

Forget the talent, think character. Wallace is not a special person. Right now he is preparing or on a flight to Minny and thinking why he is here....well, he put himself there. Hew broke all laws of a TEAM.

I'd like to know for sure what amount of cap relief we got out of this. I keep hearing different numbers. If we didn't get much cap relief and only got a 5th (and giving up a 7th from us too) . . . . sorry but I don't like the deal. If we got a big portion of his cap hit back in this, then I'll be more OK with this. I keep hearing how horrible he was, just like how horrible B. Marshall was and how we had to get rid of him too. So if we don't want all the diva WR's then stop bringing them in and paying them millions of dollars only to ship them off for peanuts!!! I get it, but then please STOP making the same mistakes over and over.

We save an extra $3 million on top of what we would have saved this year if we just cut him outright. Of course we save $11.5 million each of 2016 and 2017, but again we would have had that salary off the book if we simply cut him.

Different FOs. This one has not committed that sin yet. If they draft DGB in the 1st I'll be upset.

My point is who the balls is our number 1 receiver? Stills? More than the FO it's philbin and his mentality of cleaning house of any "diva" players. I'm sorry, but coaches who command respect could have made Brandon Marshall work and mike Wallace work. We sign these guys to massive contracts and then get pissed and ship them off for nothing when they act exactly like we know they will act.

We save an extra $3 million on top of what we would have saved this year if we just cut him outright. Of course we save $11.5 million each of 2016 and 2017, but again we would have had that salary off the book if we simply cut him.

Ok, that's good. I'm starting to warm up to this trade. I just hope we learn our lesson and stop bringing in these overpriced egomaniac diva's and just load up with a bunch of good weapons/options.

My point is who the balls is our number 1 receiver? Stills? More than the FO it's philbin and his mentality of cleaning house of any "diva" players. I'm sorry, but coaches who command respect could have made Brandon Marshall work and mike Wallace work. We sign these guys to massive contracts and then get pissed and ship them off for nothing when they act exactly like we know they will act.

Depends on what you mean. As it stands right now you'd figure Landry would lead the team in receptions and first downs. Stills would lead in YPC. Cameron (who I'm counting as a WR) would lead in touchdowns.

This offense doesnt run on the notion of an alpha, even though most everyone here still thinks we do.

Got to get Parker!!! Why? Why is he so much better or productive than say Nelson Algholor? Tyler Lockett? The guy was injured for crying out loud. Its just amazing to me that someone gets hyped so much to the point that any negatives just get blanked out.

Melvin Gordon would outproduce anyone on offense in this draft hands down because he would touch the ball 2-3 times as much as any WR in every game!

Your #1 option as things stand is jordan cameron...hes the one defenses will worry about the most...provided hes healthy of course

Well after the initial shock factor, I'm getting warmed up to idea of it. Apparently Stills actually will fight for a ball and is a hands catcher so that's good. We just really need a true #1 receiver and it would help everyone out imo... Sucks that we may have to take a wr in the first now, it'd be some crazy miracle of we could get White or Cooper.

But on the flip side, that would mean no Eric Kendricks... I want him a lot, otherwise mlb will still be a hot mess. Maybe we could gamble on DGB in the 2nd if he is there.

Cameron needs to stay healthy for sure. Now that we got rid of MW to minn we might have a shot at parker. I have only seen some highlights. Haven't scouted him but he seems like the kind of player we need.

The 3 million was earned last year but was to be paid this year. We are off hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom