Walter football 3 round mock 06/11

JT-forpresident

Believe In Miami
Reaction score
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

here's what they have in store for us !

#13 Miami Dolphins: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
OhioState_logo-2.gif

Collecting reject corners from other teams may sound like fun, but it really sucks once the opposing offense starts throwing all over you. Go figure.

Miami's secondary is unquestionably one of the league's worst. Despite completely stopping Trent Edwards, the Dolphins still rank 26th against the pass, giving up 7.8 yards per attempt. Click here for the most accurate Run and Pass Defense Rankings.
#44 Miami Dolphins: Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
LSU_logo-1.gif

The Dolphins have tried to fill the split end position with bums like Ernest Wilford and Derek Hagan, but ultimately they'll need to draft a larger wideout to complement Ted Ginn relatively early. At 6-3, 210, Brandon LaFell definitely fits that description.
#59 Miami Dolphins: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State
clear.gif

Basically the best defensive back available for the Dolphins, who are really hurting in the secondary. It's really no surprise that they're 26th in pass defense; the corners suck, Yeremiah Bell is very mediocre and Jason Allen has lost his job to the pedestrian, free-agent-to-be Renaldo Hill. Major upgrades are needed everywhere.
#81 Miami Dolphins: Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State
SanJoseState_logo-1.gif

Could the Dolphins really go cornerback twice in the first three rounds? Given how terrible their secondary is and their 26th ranking against the pass, I would say so.

I don't know a whole lot about those guys (especially the last two), and i think it's about right as far as position picks... i'd see a OLB over one of the cornerbacks though

Pegues is a pretty good prospect and is a ball hawk.

Don't know anything about Francies. According to NFLDC, he spent 2 years in JUCO. Went to Oregon State, sat out a year as he transferred to SJSU. Not really high on their rankings either.

Could be a better draft

Francies may have potential to be a good CB.... a lot of people around the WAC compare him to Dwight Lowery. Obvious comparison though as they both went to the same school and play the same position....with the same scheme.

Francies may have potential to be a good CB.... a lot of people around the WAC compare him to Dwight Lowery. Obvious comparison though as they both went to the same school and play the same position....with the same scheme.

I have been able to watch Francies in person on a couple of different occasions. He is probably more athletic than Lowery although not as big and I have been very impressed by his man to man coverage skills. At this stage I think he is a better man cover corner than Lowery. However, he has some knucklhead issues in his past which might mean that he will not even be on MIA's Board.

Yeah I really dont like it. Plus, how many times does he say our secondary sucks, and I think Bell is way better then mediocre.
Only 1 I find reasonable is Peagues in the 3rd, he's a very talented FS. This guy obviously knows nothing of the fins or Parcells. Parcells won't draft a CB in the 1st I guarantee it. He goes OLB in the 1st, with ILB/CB/NT/WR/possible OT depending on Carey's situation in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

Only 1 I find reasonable is Peagues in the 3rd, he's a very talented FS. This guy obviously knows nothing of the fins or Parcells. Parcells won't draft a CB in the 1st I guarantee it. He goes OLB in the 1st, with ILB/CB/NT/WR/possible OT depending on Carey's situation in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

I agree:up:

Oh wow. I love Brandon LaFell but he is a junior and I don't know if he's coming out this year.

Damn, he's harsh, lol. Disagree with most of it. Aaron Curry seems more appropriate for Miami. And i bet anything that Bill Parcells will pick a NT in this draft. Either Terrance Taylor or B.J Ralil

Damn, he's harsh, lol. Disagree with most of it. Aaron Curry seems more appropriate for Miami. And i bet anything that Bill Parcells will pick a NT in this draft. Either Terrance Taylor or B.J Ralil
Took the words right out of my mouth. B.J. Raji is a beast. No, literally, he isn't human at all. I don't know what Parcells thinks of Solai, but if it's not a good thought, don't be surprised to see Raji drafted in the 2nd round.

Took the words right out of my mouth. B.J. Raji is a beast. No, literally, he isn't human at all. I don't know what Parcells thinks of Solai, but if it's not a good thought, don't be surprised to see Raji drafted in the 2nd round.

If you've seen Raji, then you have also seen Herzlich (Also on BC, LB #94.) What do you think of him in the second? (Only a junior, so I am not sure if he will come out.)

The guy is all over the place, always makes the tackle, and seems to have great instincts. (Better than Maualuga or Laurinitais IMO...)

If you've seen Raji, then you have also seen Herzlich (Also on BC, LB #94.) What do you think of him in the second? (Only a junior, so I am not sure if he will come out.)

The guy is all over the place, always makes the tackle, and seems to have great instincts. (Better than Maualuga or Laurinitais IMO...)
I have seen Herzlich. He is a 1st/2nd round prospect. More than likely he will stay for another year. If he decides to enter the draft though, he could be a steal in the 3rd if he makes it that far. I had my eye on Brian Toal as well, but not anymore. He has alot of talent, too bad he can't stay healthy. With that being said, we have 3 7th rounders, if Toal were to actually fall that far due to injuries, we have to take a look.

Being a junior, Brandon Lafell is theoretically eligible. I know Curry the OLB from Wake Forest was mentioned. Don't forget other Demon Deacon defenders; Chip Vaughn (Safety) and Alphonso Smith (CB).

i dont know about the pics but this guy is SPOT ON
about our secondary. nobody but he and i seem to
see the miami secondary for what it is.

malcolm jenkins would be just fine with me at that pick,
but, he wont drop that far.

ANY playmaker or big time db is fine with me for the 1st
pick as well as the second.

Back
Top Bottom