Walter Football's Miami Dolphins Season Preview...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football's Miami Dolphins Season Preview......

I think that 8 wins is a realistic floor to put on this team, at this point in time. I would like to see something from about half the new starters playing, and fitting in, before raising the expectations. JMO

A couple things:

Since when does Wallace have a 'loser attitude'? Also, I'd echo what others have said about his hands.
No mention of Lance Louis, who I think will ultimately end up as our RG.
No mention of why they rated our coaching staff the lowest of the various categories.
Brent Grimes is 29, not 30.
Why focus on the lack of scheme fit for Jordan and others on the defense and praise Tyson Clabo as a can't miss RT even though he's never played as a zone scheme OT as a pro?

Wallace and his loser attitude? His high drop percentage? Wake is a better fit in a 3-4? Odrick cant play in a 4-3? I know the Fins have alot of question marks, but so does this article...

Why couldn't 8-8 be a reasonable prediction?

If you guessed that prior to last year you'd be pretty close.

Past performance is a fairly good indicator of future performance. Not the only one, to be sure, but a reasonable
one to consult with and base an opinion from.[/QUOTE

It is a cop out because if you predict 8-8 for just about any team in the league you will be within 2 games of being correct for a little more than 50 percent of any team in the league ....I'm trying to say that in the age of NFL parity the majority of teams will finish with records from 6-10 to 10-6, so an 8-8 prediction still makes the talking heads sound like they know what they are talking about, even if they don't. For example last year more than half the league finished with a record in that range...i think it was like 17 or 18 of the 32 teams.

Why couldn't 8-8 be a reasonable prediction?

If you guessed that prior to last year you'd be pretty close.

Past performance is a fairly good indicator of future performance. Not the only one, to be sure, but a reasonable
one to consult with and base an opinion from.[/QUOTE

It is a cop out because if you predict 8-8 for just about any team in the league you will be within 2 games of being correct for a little more than 50 percent of any team in the league ....I'm trying to say that in the age of NFL parity the majority of teams will finish with records from 6-10 to 10-6, so an 8-8 prediction still makes the talking heads sound like they know what they are talking about, even if they don't. For example last year more than half the league finished with a record in that range...i think it was like 17 or 18 of the 32 teams.
I still don't understand why it isn't as legitimate as any other prediction.

An 8-8 record would be an indictment of Philbin's coaching ability and he should be fired if that is how this season pans out.

An 8-8 record would be an indictment of Philbin's coaching ability and he should be fired if that is how this season pans out.

Why?

There are any variety of factors that can influence a record, many of which are beyond a coaches control.

I don't know about all that. It'd be a disappointment, but there are a LOT of new parts. To get to 10 or 11 wins, we'll have to have a lot of things break right for us.

I don't know about all that. It'd be a disappointment, but there are a LOT of new parts. To get to 10 or 11 wins, we'll have to have a lot of things break right for us.

Not to mention it would be an improvement. Hard to justify firing a guy that's producing an improving record.

So when I put together my picks, I can't have anyone go 8-8.

Gotcha

Back
Top Bottom