Wannstedt aggressive?..no, it can't be! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt aggressive?..no, it can't be!

Gladsadmad said:
I guess I should just skip the whole Dolphins season then..It's over before it begins :cry:

I know, I'll root for the Chargers! If the 10-6 Dolphins suck, that must mean that the 4-12 Chargers don't suck. Whew...thank goodness I have a backup plan. :tongue:
Don't worry, there are many that think they both are gods.

at least if you rooted for the chargers you couldnt get dissapointed because you know your team will suck.:goof:

Gladsadmad said:
You just don't understand the whole point, do you? Just to let you in on it, I'll explain it in more detail. The point of my post wasn't to say that Wanny is not conservative. It was to show a possible reason why he coaches that way. It could be that the reason that Wannstedt is more conservative is that almost every time he takes a chance (as I listed in detail) it fails. Not to mention the fact that almost all of the "7 plays" were gigantic, game-changing moments. But I guess that means nothing :shakeno:

Your post topic seems to have a sarcastic slant betraying something we didn't know before....ie that Wanny isn't as conservative as most fans think.

Wanny rarely takes chances. He doesn't do this because it is his nature as coach to be conservative. It has nothing to do with personnel,...if you go back to the Bears even, you will see he has always coached this way.

As I mentioned early, IMO aggressiveness is going for the throat EARLY and to keep your foot pinned down on it OFTEN throughout the game. Never let up. Wanny has NEVER been that way.
He may try something out of the ordinary, however he NEVER deviates from his overall conservative strategy.

Superself said:
It has nothing to do with personnel.

As I mentioned early, IMO aggressiveness is going for the throat EARLY and to keep your foot pinned down on it OFTEN throughout the game. Never let up.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think alot of the coaches that are known to be aggressive have good personnel. Mike Martz is a good example. He is known as an aggressive coach. He has stars.

If the QB hits those deep throws in JAX (like Muck's example)and in NE, if we get that first down @ NE in 2002, if Miami gets that 4th down in Buffalo and adds to their lead, if Miami scores against Tampa and wins, you don't think it changes anything?

I think it has ALOT to do with personnel.

Gladsadmad said:
I have to respectfully disagree. I think alot of the coaches that are known to be aggressive have good personnel. Mike Martz is a good example. He is known as an aggressive coach. He has stars.

If the QB hits those deep throws in JAX (like Muck's example)and in NE, if we get that first down @ NE in 2002, if Miami gets that 4th down in Buffalo and adds to their lead, if Miami scores against Tampa and wins, you don't think it changes anything?

I think it has ALOT to do with personnel.

Most defintely, if Jay had Wanny's confidence like many believe on this board, he would have allow the O to open up more, but he knew what he had and kept it real...otherwise we couldn't have been in most of those games. If AJ beats out JF, believe me Wanny will be behind him for as Long as AJ gives him reason to be, just like he was behind jay, even while searching for his replacement.

Not A Wanny Fan!!!

Sorry Guys But For Everytime You Say Wanny Has Been Agressive I Can Think Of Times When He Was Way To Conservative!! Twice In One Game Comes To My Mind Against The Pats Last Year In Miami!!! He Played For A Winning Field Goal By Running The Ball 3 Consecutives Times And The Result Was A Blocked Kick And Then In Overtime He Plays For Another Field Goal And Omare Shanks It!! Just Once I'd Like To See Him Surprise A Team And Do Something Different Instead Of Run Ricky 3 Times For Only 3 Or 4 Yards!! After The Pats Got The Ball, The Very First Play They Throw A Bomb And What Do Ya Know... Touchdown... Game Over!! Bellichek Totally Outcoached D.w. !! I'm Sick Of Losing To The Patriots As I Get Much Crap From Friends Around Here!!!

MASSDOLFAN41 said:
Sorry Guys But For Everytime You Say Wanny Has Been Agressive I Can Think Of Times When He Was Way To Conservative!! Twice In One Game Comes To My Mind Against The Pats Last Year In Miami!!! He Played For A Winning Field Goal By Running The Ball 3 Consecutives Times And The Result Was A Blocked Kick And Then In Overtime He Plays For Another Field Goal And Omare Shanks It!! Just Once I'd Like To See Him Surprise A Team And Do Something Different Instead Of Run Ricky 3 Times For Only 3 Or 4 Yards!! After The Pats Got The Ball, The Very First Play They Throw A Bomb And What Do Ya Know... Touchdown... Game Over!! Bellichek Totally Outcoached D.w. !! I'm Sick Of Losing To The Patriots As I Get Much Crap From Friends Around Here!!!

I am sorry, however when you have a $2 million kicker, playing for a field goal shouldn't be a bad idea.

MDFINFAN said:
This won't change the naysayers mind, they believe we had all the talent in the world and we could be aggressive all the time..but I say, we didn't have the personnel to pull it off, and you've sited some examples, I site more, but I'd be wasting my time with people who really just don't understand that we just didn't have the personnel to aggressive, whether it's the qb, or the ol or the WR. It just wasn't there. And until this year's OL prove to be better, we still might not have the ability to be really aggressive.

I rarely post more then one sentence around here, cause I think most of the posters on this site, and most sites for that matter are complete idiots. But I must say you put that perfectly. If I had written a response to this thread, it would go exactly with you just said. Kudos!

MASSDOLFAN41 said:

Yea like the year before that when playing the pats, he tried 3 straight passes, yea anything other than run ricky run. If he's aggressive he gets nailed by you guys, if he's conservative he's nailed..it's a no win situation for him when it comes to some of you..like ya'll can do better, I would love for some of ya'll to be the coach so we can nail you when we don't win.

Back
Top Bottom