Wannstedt is holding Feeley back! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is holding Feeley back!

and the coaching problem should be fixed this year. we have a very good staff except for dave.

I read somewhere that Jay may have to start early this season because of a lack of consistency from the O line because of his mobility and as the season progresses. the line should come together after a few games and AJ wont have to run for his life...But I really hope it aint so. cause Jays gotta GO....:)

Please remember that I said this. I'm really surprised that people don't see it. Barring injury, the starting decision will be based on merit, and...
FEELEY
WILL
START.
And I KNOW I'm right, cuz I said it really loud and everything. If I'm wrong come starting day, feel free to point out that I said the above. And I will publicly admit I'm a complete moron.

P4E said:
Please remember that I said this. I'm really surprised that people don't see it. Barring injury, the starting decision will be based on merit, and...
FEELEY
WILL
START.
And I KNOW I'm right, cuz I said it really loud and everything. If I'm wrong come starting day, feel free to point out that I said the above. And I will publicly admit I'm a complete moron.

Same goes for me. All of it.

I have already seen enough of Daves "competitions" to know that he has already decided on Jay as the starter. Unless Jay breaks his legs and arms, he will start week one. I mean, come on guys, look at what we are talking about here. This is Dave. Just look at what bang-up decisions he made in Chicago and especially at the QB position. But, hey, to each his own opinion and whatever **itstorm Dave puts out there lets hope the Dolphins can win in spite of the coach.

pigskinguy said:
If Feidler gives this team the best chance to win, well, the Miami Dolphins are f**ked.

What a ridiculous statement. JF and Miami have about an +80% win percentage early in the season. Therefore, the odds of Miami winning early on with JF on the field are high. You can make any claims you want about winning in spite of JF, but the fact is that the odds of Miami winning early with him on the field are very good. If AJ assimilates enough of the O then he may increase the odds in Miami's favor, but worse case scenario, Miami is very likely to win early and they'll do so with whomever understands the playbook better.

:lol:

Wanny is so stubborn and in love with Fiedler that after one season of him at QB, he tried sending a 1st round pick to Green Bay for Matt Hasselbeck.

I guess that goes down as "tough love"?? :confused:

darkoak said:
Jay's not the greatest quarterback out there for sure but he's not terrible either. I honestly believe that coaching is the Dolphins main problem. AJ sounds like he'll be great this year and with this new offense who knows what can happen. The only thing holding back our offense will be play calling...............again.
I agree.

I also agree with the earlier posts that Griese was worse than Fiedler.

And for the record, I think if Feeley looks like he has control of the offense and is playing with minimally about the same success as Jay he will start. If not Jay will start. They didn't bring him in as insurance.

bigmiamifan said:
I think this is smart because if you give Feeley 100% and he doesn't look great, then you'd have to rely on Jay starting with not much TC. This way, Feeley can show he deservers it and Jay will prove he will be a soft cushiony pillow should Feeley get hurt.

AGREE.....

that´s a really good point :rolleyes:

[]´s
TiaUm
GOOD BLESS AMERICA

This thread seems to be based on a false premise...

...of what these QB schools are about.

There's a school of thought that the second most important player in your roster is the backup QB. I subscribe. Your number 2 has to be prepared so that if he comes into the game he doesn't play like number twos. That means that in these schools both your top two QB's need to acclimate to the offense so that when the pads go on, they know what they're calling and are in sync.

Could Jay, being more experienced in the offense use less reps? Theoretically, maybe. But he's got to be sync'd with his receivers too, Chambers being the only one who could legitimately be called a lock with whom he's already sync'd. Boston has to be acclimated. A number 3 has to be selected, let alone sync'd with.

For the record, I think Feeley will win out and I'm pretty comfortable with Jay as backup. AJ is getting the offense down, it's starting to come naturally now. I'm happy that he suits the Wanny game plan as a less error prone QB than the arch chancer Jay and I like what I have read of his tools of the trade. QB is not my main concern right now. Getting the line to gel and perform, that's my headline topic and until the pads come on we have no indication of how that may pan out. We have plenty of indication that AJ is on track from the camp reports and will be able to compete with Jay fairly come camp.

inFINSible said:
Splitting time with the starters, only 4 camps under his belt, and the compettition is too close to call.....That's all I need to know. :D

That a bias reporting by Alex.Is not too close to call.A.J Feeley has been improving but it ain't close yet.I'll be the first to post the good thing A.J done if it was really close.The battle is just getting started people so just sit back and relax.

Back
Top Bottom