Wanny And Rick...do Not Trade Ogun!!!!!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny And Rick...do Not Trade Ogun!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolphins12thMan

Tailgate Central (E12 Orange Camry Zone)
Reaction score
We need him too much right now. Defense will have to step up even more with the possibility of a lacking offense. If antyhing trade Madison!!!!!!!

I totally agree.

Keep Ogun and let minor start. Trading ogun for a backup caliber back in unacceptible. Minor will get the job done.

AGREED 110% !!!!

Keep O-gun if it's the last thing we do before the season opener!!

Minor is ready to be set free on any defense in the league!!

yeah i dont think they'll trade ogunleye for a backup. but i just read on this forum that the dolphins are talking to the packers of arman green and i think wed have to give up ogun for that. but that would SUCK. ogun is young and a key player on the D and we need him. trade him for NO ONE.

BuGaLoU said:
I totally agree.

Keep Ogun and let minor start. Trading ogun for a backup caliber back in unacceptible. Minor will get the job done.
Yeah, put me on that Band wagon for sure !!!!!!!!! Keep Ogun, give Minor a chance Dave and Ricky !!!!!!

I agree with Minor and keeping O-gun, lets not forget to sign CC

As of now Ogun is not in the picture to be traded. I do believe if we try to get another RB we will have to give up a #1 pick and more picks for the player.

Ahman green would be good, but at what price? We should give travis minor a shot to play ball

It still crushes me that Ricky is gone. Even though he is a punk now he really was the back bone of this team. He did a lot for us to win and never did anything that made us lose. He is gone though. I do like who we have called so far. Justin Fargas can run and has blazing speed and i have already told you all that i think Najeh Davenport is a ton like Ricky. If he would just shed about 10 lbs and get quicker he could be awesome. So i would love to see us get one of those two guys. Prolly Najeh more. And once again. We better not get rid of O-gun for anything. We need to keep him and Chambers. And with this extra money we suddenly have it should be very possible. Anyway, what do you guys think about those two guys?

I would rather keep Wale, let Minor have his shot at rb. Ricky is right about the coaching philosophy and about the beatings he took. The timing sucks, but all is not lost. We still have a better defense than last year and we added competition at the qb spot and D. Boston. Reggie Howard will help us improve our secondary. Madison has taken several pay cuts to stay with the team and he should be shown some loyalty. If we could get Najeh for a couple of 3-5 round picks then I would do it. I wouldn't give up anything else.

musk said:
yeah i dont think they'll trade ogunleye for a backup. but i just read on this forum that the dolphins are talking to the packers of arman green and i think wed have to give up ogun for that. but that would SUCK. ogun is young and a key player on the D and we need him. trade him for NO ONE.
Im pretty sure you were misinformed on this one...There is no possible way in hell the Packers would give up a young elite RB in Ahman Green. U must b thinking of there backup Najhe(sp?) Davenport. personally i love how this guy plays and think it would b great to have him on this team as long as it didnt involve O-Gun or a 1st round pick.(Probably not Madison ethir unless they threw a pick in with him.) Im not sold on Fargas as i havent seen much of him. I dont think the Radiers really need a DE or CB very much, so i assume wed be giving up a pick for him. It its a first i say.... F U OAKLAND!

The only way i even think about trading O-Gun is if its for a starter like Edge....and the key word is THINK about it. Our D PROBABLY isnt solid enough without him to carry this team to a SB. As of now tho, i wouldnt have a problem giving Travis Minor,Henry,Russel,Konrad,Morris a shot at ethir wining the job, or jus being part of a committe.

Bottom Line, if were not getting a young starter, no 1st or O-gun!!!

Keep Ogun!!!!!!!

First time poster here on the Miami Dolphins board but a long-time reader. I am an avid poster on beloved Hurricanes Message boards.

I agree with everybody above in that we should not trade Ogun. Ogun is young, good and only getting better. The guys that I have read (and I linked two good articles below) are not guys who we trade a Pro Bowler for.

http://www.east2westsports.com/index_files/Page1065.htm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/fantasy/07/25/williams.impact/index.html

Unless we get back an Edge I don't send Ogun. The guy who I have not heard a lot of mention about is Willis McGahee. I don't trade Ogun for him either but he would intrigue me if he was on the market.

To me it's not prudent to trade a Pro Bowl caliber Defensive End for a running back like Anthony Thomas or Onterrio Smith. Now, a second or third round pick and we're dancing, but not Ogun.

Just my two cents.

Dolphins12thMan said:
We need him too much right now. Defense will have to step up even more with the possibility of a lacking offense. If antyhing trade Madison!!!!!!!

I think you're kind of missing the point here. Madison wouldn't get the fish anything in return. you have to give up something in order to get something. Unless the dolphins bring in some help for the offense, this season is shot. O-gun is the only valuable trade bait the fish have right now.

Back
Top Bottom