wanny was the X-factor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wanny was the X-factor

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
"Maybe they'll be better off without me because now they can play real football. What we were doing, handing the ball to me every time, wasn't real football. And it wasn't successful, obviously." -- Ricky.

More and more, I'm thinking dave's pathetic coaching drove this guy out. Don't get me wrong, I think he's half-baked anyway. It's just that if he was weighing the pro's and cons all summer, my feeling is that dave's lack offensive imagination or half-azzed attempt to get Ricky some serious Oline protection is what tipped the scales -- or at least expedited his decision to bail, which was originally going to take place after the season. It's entirely plausible that Ricky thought to himself: "why wait? Do I really want to take another five-month beating for nothing?"
To be clear, I'm not defending his actions. he's a punk. But no one can convince me that he would have pulled this with, say, Parcells or Vermiel. He did it to wanny, because it was easy for him to walk on someone so uninspiring.

The real X-Factor was running RW into the ground and not letting Minor have more touches to take the wear off RW.

TorontoFin said:
"Maybe they'll be better off without me because now they can play real football. What we were doing, handing the ball to me every time, wasn't real football. And it wasn't successful, obviously." -- Ricky.

More and more, I'm thinking dave's pathetic coaching drove this guy out. Don't get me wrong, I think he's half-baked anyway. It's just that if he was weighing the pro's and cons all summer, my feeling is that dave's lack offensive imagination or half-azzed attempt to get Ricky some serious Oline protection is what tipped the scales -- or at least expedited his decision to bail, which was originally going to take place after the season. It's entirely plausible that Ricky thought to himself: "why wait? Do I really want to take another five-month beating for nothing?"
To be clear, I'm not defending his actions. he's a punk. But no one can convince me that he would have pulled this with, say, Parcells or Vermiel. He did it to wanny, because it was easy for him to walk on someone so uninspiring.

Nonsense, just more ppl trying to make more excuses for Ricky. Ricky made a ton of $ doing exactly what Wanny asked him to do last season. The only person to blame here is Ricky.

Oliver...

TorontoFin said:

TOFin, obviously Ricky felt that way about Dave's philosophy, no matter what you think of the guy that much is clear.

But according to other insiders who get private info from the different players many have privately voiced their dislike of Wanny's conservatism and his lack of trust to let the players go out and play the game.

This begs the question does Wanny truly have this teams belief in him and his system? If not, as I see it, a change has to be made.

musphinzfan said:
The real X-Factor was running RW into the ground and not letting Minor have more touches to take the wear off RW.

I emphatically agree. Running Ricky into the ground with TOO MANY carries and behind a line that led to TOO MANY poundings. That all led to what? No playoffs the 2 years we had this great back.

Obviously, you don't run on the back of a RB to the superbowl. Dave? Hello? Do we understand anything more clearly now?

I hope we don't get anyone and stick with Minor so Dave has to use the REST of the offense, like ah, passing the ball. I think Jimmy scared Dave into thinking you can't win without running the ball. Dave needs to show his intelligence and understanding of the game and adapt to actually throwing the ball before he finds himself running behind Ricky, unemployed, broke and smoking buddah.

bigmiamifan said:
I emphatically agree. Running Ricky into the ground with TOO MANY carries and behind a line that led to TOO MANY poundings. That all led to what? No playoffs the 2 years we had this great back.

Obviously, you don't run on the back of a RB to the superbowl. Dave? Hello? Do we understand anything more clearly now?

I hope we don't get anyone and stick with Minor so Dave has to use the REST of the offense, like ah, passing the ball. I think Jimmy scared Dave into thinking you can't win without running the ball. Dave needs to show his intelligence and understanding of the game and adapt to actually throwing the ball before he finds himself running behind Ricky, unemployed, broke and smoking buddah.
I agree we ran hikm too much, but tht being a reason for retirment is retarted. Look at LT, he touches the ball just as much as Miami with about equal talent on the O-Line.

NoO, exactly. My post was simply an extension of your thread yesterday. (excellent job by the way). again, we seem to have to clarify this every time, but I AM NOT befending RW. He's a punk. and a selfish one. It's just that if you pay attention to the language, he says he has no regrets, but still seems to be bitter about two things, and two things only: 1. wanny's lack of offensive creativity. 2. The abuse he took from both the system and the lack of talent at Oline. I am only speculating that there is some hidden anger towards wanny here. But it is entirely plausible RW was bitter over managment's lack of effort to upgrade the position through experienced FA, depsite wanny's pledge for the last 3 years it's his #1 priority. Sure it is. wanny shoed just how important it is by replacing an tired, stumpy, overmatched centre, with a young, stumpy, overmatched centre, who "almost got Ricky's head taken off."

FinFan24 said:
I agree we ran hikm too much, but tht being a reason for retirment is retarted. Look at LT, he touches the ball just as much as Miami with about equal talent on the O-Line.
Obviously Ricky is a flake and LT is not, but that doesn't change his beliefs regarding Wannstedts philosophy, or the other unnamed players who have also privately voiced their displeasure.

Most players will not retire even if the coach is a moron, they want the money too much.

Finfan24, you're right. In no way am i suggesting RW's lack of respect for dave is a reason to walk out on your team. I'm sure there's a % of every lockeroom that has no faith in the system or coach, but they play anyway -- either out of loyalty to their teammates or for money. Obviously neither is important to Ricky. I am just pointing out that it is my suspcision it was a factor in RW's decision, that's all

TorontoFin said:
NoO, exactly. My post was simply an extension of your thread yesterday. (excellent job by the way). again, we seem to have to clarify this every time, but I AM NOT befending RW. He's a punk. and a selfish one. It's just that if you pay attention to the language, he says he has no regrets, but still seems to be bitter about two things, and two things only: 1. wanny's lack of offensive creativity. 2. The abuse he took from both the system and the lack of talent at Oline. I am only speculating that there is some hidden anger towards wanny here. But it is entirely plausible RW was bitter over managment's lack of effort to upgrade the position through experienced FA, depsite wanny's pledge for the last 3 years it's his #1 priority. Sure it is. wanny shoed just how important it is by replacing an tired, stumpy, overmatched centre, with a young, stumpy, overmatched centre, who "almost got Ricky's head taken off."
And I also am not defending Ricky, I have made that clear.

Your right on the money. Many Dolphin fans don't understand why they don't hear this more from Dolphin players about Wanny if its true, well the truth is most players care more about their paycheck than they do about telling their true feelings regarding Wanny, as evidenced by some of them willing to privately tell a reporter of their displeasure.

BlueFin said:

Your right on the money. Many Dolphin fans don't understand why they don't hear this more from Dolphin players about Wanny if its true, well the truth is most players care more about their paycheck than they do about telling their true feelings regarding Wanny, as evidenced by some of them willing to privately tell a reporter of their displeasure.

I don't think it's that complicated. I have yet to work anywhere where everyone likes or can even tolerate the boss. It's human nature for some ppl to always 2nd guess and ***** about everything.

Oliver...

BlueFin said:

You're right. The media and fans in Mia have been giving this guy a free ride for too long. I mean, in the end what are we dealing with here? A guy who's been a head coach for a decade and has one freakin playoff win!!!!! unreal

I think Ricky needs help, and I agree Dave has a big part in this, from overusing Ricky, to play him in the Jets game to save his job, which is very sorry. I know thge timing bothers everyone, but the message it´s clear , nobody will make any sacrifices for Dave. The Jets bother me a lot, why not give a chance for Minor, grysby, Donald Lee,Sage, Newson, etc instead of risking JT, RW, etcc. I don´t thing any player could have any respect for their HC if he did that.

If the guy can't handle the pressure, he shoulda never played past high school. To say thats the reason he quit now is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom