wanny was the X-factor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wanny was the X-factor

gordolphin said:
I think Ricky needs help, and I agree Dave has a big part in this, from overusing Ricky, to play him in the Jets game to save his job, which is very sorry. I know thge timing bothers everyone, but the message it´s clear , nobody will make any sacrifices for Dave. The Jets bother me a lot, why not give a chance for Minor, grysby, Donald Lee,Sage, Newson, etc instead of risking JT, RW, etcc. I don´t thing any player could have any respect for their HC if he did that.
So he should fold to the Jets? I applaude Dave for not giving up, his job is to win games, just like every player on the team. If they are pissed because he is playing to win then we have alot of problems on our hands.

FinFan24 said:
I agree we ran hikm too much, but tht being a reason for retirment is retarted. Look at LT, he touches the ball just as much as Miami with about equal talent on the O-Line.

But LT isn't Ricky obviously. Two individuals. I say fire Dave now and start rebuilding. Give Trestman the job.

musphinzfan said:
The real X-Factor was running RW into the ground and not letting Minor have more touches to take the wear off RW.

IMO, the real X-factor was Ricky's refusal to change his lifestyle by giving up the dope. I suppose the NFL substance abuse program was going to be to much with all the drug testings and counseling they would have required Ricky to do. Factor in the fines, etc. and Dave's inablility to make it go away, led Ricky to blow his top and quit. All the crap that he and his spokespeople have been saying, like his hearts not in it, and they over-worked me, they didn't pay him, etc is just that, CRAP! He's using it to rationalize the fact that he lost his temper and made a stupid choice when he was arguing with Davie boy Friday night. IMO Ricky would have waited to retire in a year or two as planned, if he didn't have to participate in the drug program. Plan and simple.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom