Was tonight the first time Saban ever challanged a ruling? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was tonight the first time Saban ever challanged a ruling?

MR NFLFAN

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It sure look like it was. What did he have to wind up for he threw it underhand? That was a shocker indeed because Millers foot clearly went out of bounds before the ball crossed the goal line. I hope he got a lesson after the game from the officals on how to get their attention next time.

I hope the next official to be near Saban when there's a challenge doesn't get offended when the flag nails him in the back of the head. If the league wants it that way, I certainly hope Saban obliges.

Jimmy James said:
I hope the next official to be near Saban when there's a challenge doesn't get offended when the flag nails him in the back of the head. If the league wants it that way, I certainly hope Saban obliges.

I totally agree, the buzzer was better, even if it went off when it shouldnt have, or didnt go off when it should. Having the flag and buzzer would be better because if one didnt work, the other while not SURE to work, had a much larger chance than only the one.

Jimmy James said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.
If it takes hitting them in the noggin with the flag then so be it.

Saban didn't do anything wrong. He threw the flag on the field. The ref ignored him. That was the tone of the game. It was like,"Go away. Tonight is about the Steelers."

Trekbiz said:
I was thinking the exact same thing.
If it takes hitting them in the noggin with the flag then so be it.

Hey, it was just fine when the official hit Orlando Brown in the eye...

I agree that Saban wasn't very enthusiastic when he threw the flag. However, there is a side judge that should have been there to see the flag. That is part of his job. I think everyone (coaches and refs) learned from this experience. I'm sure there are a lot of coaches who had no idea you could run on the field in the middle of a play to challenge.

Back
Top Bottom