We are the Champions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are the Champions

Why isn't Bradshaw on that list? If you're going by number of Super Bowls??? He was on a team that won four... It seems like every time an argument is made about Montana winning four Superbowls, everyone forgets that it's been done. No one has done what Marino has done and for as long as he did it. No team has gone undefeated either (that's a whole other thread).

Was Montana great? Sure he was. But would we be saying he was the best had he not won any Superbowls? I don't think so. In that of itself is why Marino was the greatest...the fact that we are even arguing that he was the best, even without winning a bowl...makes him the best! Case closed

And the supporting cast issue IS a big issue. If the Niners didn't have the defense they had, Montana wouldn't of even had the chance for some of the comebacks...also, give Marino the ball on the twenty with two minutes left, Rice and Taylor as his recievers..there's NO DOUBT that he would have scored also...

I can't remember who it was (Walsh, I think) said that, "Montana was a product of a system, and Marino WAS a system". nough said

SmokeyPhinz said:
Awwwwww poor Bills fans cant agree that Danny was the best QB? What a surprise
But you should also note that although Kelly beat Marino consistently throughout his career, and Kelly called his own plays, that we still agree that Marino was the better QB. Were definitely not denying the fact that Marino was great, just that he wasnt the greatest.

One person I don't see on these lists is Fran Tarkenton, who had the records before Marino.

TGall13 said:
Why isn't Bradshaw on that list?
He won Super Bowls but statiscally he wasnt that good.

also, give Marino the ball on the twenty with two minutes left, Rice and Taylor as his recievers..there's NO DOUBT that he would have scored also...
You could say that about a lot of QB's. Elway, Kelly, Young.... all were known as comeback kids.

I can't remember who it was (Walsh, I think) said that, "Montana was a product of a system, and Marino WAS a system". nough said
Kelly was a system too... :D But he wasnt a better QB. :(

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Marino was the greatest statistically, but theres one tiny thing that seperates Montana and Marino and makes Montana the greatest of all time: 4 Super Bowl Championships, 3 SB MVP's. There was a reason he was called Joe Cool.

However, the "greatest QB" all depends on who you talk to and is always a good debate.

My greatest QB list: (they'll always be different)

1) Montana
2) Aikman
3) Elway
4) Marino
5) Kelly

How can you put Kelly in the top five. Marino holds more records than any other QB, I did this comparrison for a bills fan at work and he shut up pretty quick. I'm sure you won't though. :lol:

17 yrs. Marino 61,361 yds. 420 TD's, avg. 25 TD's a year, 15 int's a year avg.
10 yrs. Kelly's 35,467 yds. 237 TD's, avg. 24 TD's a year, 18 int's a year avg.

I know Dan played 7 years longer. However keep in mind 6 of those years he didn't play all season. Kelly could've been in the top five if he stayed in the game longer and/or won at least two of those superbowls. Marino went to 1 superbowl, Kelly went to 4 and niether one of them have superbowl rings. Basically Kelly had three more times to win one and COULDN'T.

Phinz said:
How can you put Kelly in the top five. Marino holds more records than any other QB, I did this comparrison for a bills fan at work and he shut up pretty quick. I'm sure you won't though. :lol:

17 yrs. Marino 61,361 yds. 420 TD's, avg. 25 TD's a year, 15 int's a year avg.
10 yrs. Kelly's 35,467 yds. 237 TD's, avg. 24 TD's a year, 18 int's a year avg.

I know Dan played 7 years longer. However keep in mind 6 of those years he didn't play all season. Kelly could've been in the top five if he stayed in the game longer and/or won at least two of those superbowls. Marino went to 1 superbowl, Kelly went to 4 and niether one of them have superbowl rings. Basically Kelly had three more times to win one and COULDN'T.
Marino is definitely the better QB. I already stated that. I also stated that I forgot to put Favre and Unitas in there which would drop Kelly to 7. You could even argue for Steve Young ahead of Kelly. But Kelly is definitely top 10.

Phinz4Life said:
You know, I've never really said this, but I can't get past SpitOnSurtain80's name. It's offensive towards a player on our team, and it's really annoying that its allowed. It's disrespectful and I for one have zero respect for this guy.
:sosad:

I see your only 16, so you must be to young to remember what my name means.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Marino was the greatest statistically, but theres one tiny thing that seperates Montana and Marino and makes Montana the greatest of all time: 4 Super Bowl Championships, 3 SB MVP's. There was a reason he was called Joe Cool.

However, the "greatest QB" all depends on who you talk to and is always a good debate.

My greatest QB list: (they'll always be different)

1) Montana
2) Aikman
3) Elway
4) Marino
5) Kelly

:roflmao:

There is absolutely no way K-gun/ Kelly should even be on that list.

Does anybody understand what this thread is actually about. Please read it from the beginning. My hope is that it restores everyone's faith in being a dolfan and puts this season into perspective. We really got off on some tangents.

Back
Top Bottom