we could trade down from 32... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we could trade down from 32...

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk about us wanting to move down from the top spot in round 1 but it seems like we won't be moving down and we'll draft Jake Long.....however, we could move down from 32 for extra picks.....say 3 QB's go in round 1,that means 1 of the top 4 will be there at 32...maybe Flacco or maybe Henne.....there should be plenty of teams that would want to move up to get that guy...if the falcons don't get Ryan at 3 then they'll want a QB in round 2.....are they gonna take the chance that some team will move in front of them and take that QB?...They have 3 picks in round 2....I'd love to give them our 32 for 2 of those picks giving us a total of 3 picks in round 2.....now we could go Corner,WR and OLB....Now lets just say that nobody cares to move up for a QB at 32......2 or 3 players at other positions are bound to slip out of the first round...it happens every year.....some team might want to move up to 32 to get one of those players that they felt would be gone in round 1.....my point is that we could move down and get some extra picks...then again,a player we really like could fall to us at 32 and we might just take him.

Ozzy rules!!

There's been a lot of talk about us wanting to move down from the top spot in round 1 but it seems like we won't be moving down and we'll draft Jake Long.....however, we could move down from 32 for extra picks.....say 3 QB's go in round 1,that means 1 of the top 4 will be there at 32...maybe Flacco or maybe Henne.....there should be plenty of teams that would want to move up to get that guy...if the falcons don't get Ryan at 3 then they'll want a QB in round 2.....are they gonna take the chance that some team will move in front of them and take that QB?...They have 3 picks in round 2....I'd love to give them our 32 for 2 of those picks giving us a total of 3 picks in round 2.....now we could go Corner,WR and OLB....Now lets just say that nobody cares to move up for a QB at 32......2 or 3 players at other positions are bound to slip out of the first round...it happens every year.....some team might want to move up to 32 to get one of those players that they felt would be gone in round 1.....my point is that we could move down and get some extra picks...then again,a player we really like could fall to us at 32 and we might just take him.

Ozzy rules!!

Yes, I agree. The last statement is the key. If someone we targeted falls out of the 1st round to #32, I do think we have to take him. I'm fine with trading down, but you can't trade down just for the sake of doing it. JJ trading down a couple of times in the 99 draft and got virtually nothing. Other times, people have traded down with good effect.

Personally, I think it likely a real good player will fall to #32 - hopefully it's someone we want!

Back
Top Bottom