We have gained more than we have lost with Rickys retirement! *READ* | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have gained more than we have lost with Rickys retirement! *READ*

i say we'll be fine w/o ricky....... in the long run. i am still a pesamistic. lets be real people, we arent going to make a superbowl apperance w/ this team even if ricky was on it. the offense has to many gaps in talent and performance. anyone who thought that is a dreamer. i think we'll end at .500 this year and depending on minor's performance we may end just above .500. every day passes and i have more and more faith in minor. why? just because hes our only hope and he hasnt had his shot yet. so a playoff apperence will depend on minor AND if wandstat puts the ball in the air a little more to makes us actually "balanced". but we wont make it far in the playoffs.

people, ricky wasnt the soul of the dolphins. the dolphins had offensive problems before, during, and now after ricky. having ricky williams for next season wasnt going to change the fact that we have an average qb w/ an average wr core and a mediocre line. yes haivng ricky was good on paper, but i think he made wandstat play more conservative on the offense which ricky even pointed out in his article. lets face it, the dolphins have still to go through a rebuilding processes after marino left. they just try to patch up spots here and there w/ less than average players or those of who are past their prime (aj feely, jr seau, and the possibility of mark burnell). see if the dolphins had astute front office people they would have gotten marshall faulk when he left the colts and given marino a back field. but no, shula and johnson just pluged in mediocore backs (cecil collins, pernie parmalee, kareem abdual jabar) and never solved the problem. and to me, that is the personality of the dolphins front office. i give wandstat credit for trying to solve the rb problem. however i discredit him for putting his whole offense in the hands of this one player.

Average WRs? Give Chambers, Boston, and our TE McMichael a top10 QB and lets just see how average they are. Chambers still got 1000 yards and he had FIEDLER as his QB..look at fiedlers ratings.

I think we will be fine. The top post in this thread made all the pertinent points that need to be made so no sense repeating it all. I do think the we are as strong as our weakest link, and that weak link is Dave Wannstedt. You take Parcels or Belicheck or Billick or Gruden and give him the talent we have and they can do much more than Dave could. This is Dave's year to show us he can coach. Now that has ONLY coaching to focus on, and not personel issues, maybe we will see him concentrate on just that.

finfan54 said:
A-Rod left texas and now look at the rangers

but at least they got a player for him in soriano, who is doing his part to the success, we got nothing in return

Back
Top Bottom