We need to pound the Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to pound the Jets

Not dropping 5 passes would be a good start

Ozzy rules!!
Dolphins lead the league in dropped passes. It should be no surprise with Cutler's poor ball placement. Just have to hope that none of these get tipped up in the air and intercepted...almost happened a few times against Atlanta.

they messed up our blocking scheme by putting lbs in gaps to defend the run...

this time however miamis d will have Timmons and not mike hull in the nickel

they messed up our blocking scheme by putting lbs in gaps to defend the run...

this time however miamis d will have Timmons and not mike hull in the nickel
Offense is the bigger concern. I don't think the defense can pitch a shutout. We have to score 17+ to have a chance.

Dolphins lead the league in dropped passes. It should be no surprise with Cutler's poor ball placement. Just have to hope that none of these get tipped up in the air and intercepted...almost happened a few times against Atlanta.
Well, if it was a dropped then how was it a "poor ball placement"?.....the one Landry dropped that was low was a perfect pass. Thomas has a few drops too that were right on his hands. Even Ajayi has dropped a few easy ones. I'm not the biggest Cutler fan but a drop is a drop. If it was a dropped then it was catchable, was it not?

Ozzy rules!!

Gase is superb at winning close games.

Our front office has been superb at targeting talent in the offseason.

I'm not above struggling to get a win, but there seems to be a culling process at the beginning of the season where Gase needs to figure out where all the pieces fit.

I think we're nearly there. Heck, isn't Larsen suppose to be available soon? Next year Asiata and McMillan should be ready. McDonald is around the corner.

Point is I don't think we're realistically able to blow teams out yet. So embrace the struggle and thank your lucky stars for Burke and this defense.

Well, if it was a dropped then how was it a "poor ball placement"?.....the one Landry dropped that was low was a perfect pass. Thomas has a few drops too that were right on his hands. Even Ajayi has dropped a few easy ones. I'm not the biggest Cutler fan but a drop is a drop. If it was a dropped then it was catchable, was it not?

Ozzy rules!!
Landry had a drop on a slant where the ball was thrown at his feet...got both hands on it but that's a very tough catch. Thomas' drop was a ball that was underthrown...he slid trying to come back to the ball...it landed on his chest and it was in his hands but as he hit the ground he lost control...ball popped out. If the placement was better on both of those throws it's a much different result. Ajayi had a drop where he really didn't get his head around quick enough, had his hands on the ball but the ball was slightly behind him and up around his helmet...tough catch...should have been caught but again the ball placement was bad making it much more difficult to catch than it should have been.

The low pass to Landry you're talking about was on Landry not Cutler...that was a well placed pass.

Gase is superb at winning close games.

Our front office has been superb at targeting talent in the offseason.

I'm not above struggling to get a win, but there seems to be a culling process at the beginning of the season where Gase needs to figure out where all the pieces fit.

I think we're nearly there. Heck, isn't Larsen suppose to be available soon? Next year Asiata and McMillan should be ready. McDonald is around the corner.

Point is I don't think we're realistically able to blow teams out yet. So embrace the struggle and thank your lucky stars for Burke and this defense.
I'm a little worried McMillan won't be the same player they drafted after his ACL. He is only 20 years old so he has that going for him but Miami needs to draft another MLB just in case (Micah Kiser would be nice).

Asiata really should be moved to RG...he's a plow horse...great at run blocking...not so good in pass blocking. I'm not sure he'll be what we all hope for but time will tell. I would still prefer more athleticism at the Guard position than what we've been fielding the last decade.

A win will give our team confidence. It's possible that an absolute beating may give us some over-confidence, which would be bad.

kiser fits the scheme and is a solid player...you are gonna have to worry about 2 down range there...he looks less rangy than McMillan did prior to the knee even

i'd like to have kiser though as the plan b mike...get hull out of the 2 deep...probably gonna cost you a day 2 pick though 4.8 or less

I'm probably alone on this . . .yea, I'll take a win, but MiMi has more talent than NTH. This needs to be a statement game. A 7-6 win tells me this team isn't a good team and the season is essentially done. For standings, a win is a win. For everything else, it's not enough
Good point.

for sure, that's always fun. I'm just saying a win is a win- I don't care about style points

A win is a win but I do care about the development of the offense. Not only is it aggravating to sit through a game where the offense can't get out of its own way, it doesn't bode well for the future for those inevitable games where the defense can't hold a team to 7 points or whatever - I'll always take the win, but i'd love to see some progress on the offensive side of the ball to compliment what so far appears to be our best defense since the Dave Wannstedt era.

Back
Top Bottom