weekend of upsets... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

weekend of upsets...

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
how about this weekend of upsets huh...the top 3 ranked teams in the nation all losing...Oklahoma to Texas(which may or may not be an upset,Texas was ranked #5)...LSU to Fla....and Missouri to Oklahoma St....this has been one wild weekend in college football....thoughts?

And Bama will be #1.....ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

A weekend of upsets, and yet my Nittany Lions continue to roll blowing out Wisconsin 48-7. :number1:

And Bama will be #1.....ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
Don't count on it. I bet Texas jumps all the way to #1 after beating Oklahoma. Also wouldn't be surprised if Penn State jumps Alabama to #2.

I can almost garuntee you that Texas and PSU will be 1,2. I really do not want to play PSU next week. They'll have a field day against the dynamic duo of Nick Sheridan and Steven Threet (both of whom make Morrelli look like Marino)

I can almost garuntee you that Texas and PSU will be 1,2. I really do not want to play PSU next week. They'll have a field day against the dynamic duo of Nick Sheridan and Steven Threet (both of whom make Morrelli look like Marino)
Can't wait to play Michigan. I will be there next Saturday in Happy Valley cheering them on to their 8th win of the year. ;)

Can't wait to play Michigan. I will be there next Saturday in Happy Valley cheering them on to their 8th win of the year. ;)

I'll be there too. Honestly though, as bad as Michigan has looked, it's almost all on the QB (and Minor fumbling every other time he touches the ball). The OL isn't great but has only given up 7 sacks. Threet just has no accuracy, and Sheridan sucks.

how about this weekend of upsets huh...thoughts?

I think it's about damn time for the NCAA to install a playoff system. 10-20 years ago these polls seemingly worked b/c there were few dominant teams and programs that were obviously better than others. Now the talent is spread out among numerous colleges that all have incredible athletes. The polls and the BCS system are ridiculous. Too much emphasis is put into biased conference favorites, point totals, strength schedule, etc. Teams play differently at the beginning of the year than they do at the end. Take 2 out of 3 NFL's past Super Bowl Champions for example: Steelers and Giants would have never been champions in the BCS system. Teams should have to make a push for the playoffs and then put up or shut up. To much speculation involved in determining the rankings. I personally think it has become a joke.

This seems like last year all over again. Seems like the number one team gets knocked off every week. I bet there's a good chance of a two loss team representing in the national championship game again. There will almost definitely be a one loss team.

Bama is just as fast and alot more physical than Texas and OK.
They would walk the dog on both of them.
I want to play Joe Pa for Nat'l championship.Just like 79 goal line
stand all over again.

Back
Top Bottom