Well, that was pathetic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well, that was pathetic

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
It's a mystery how a professional team can come into a game so unprepared. They are supposed to be professionals, right? It should be apparent that Burke is not a good DC. Can someone please take the playcalling duties away from Gase,

With the number one pick the Dolphins choose? Just kidding. Bad game all around. Maxwell and the rest on the secondary need to look in the mirror or get benched. Including Jones. Every signal team I've seen that play the Fins attack the middle of the field and they are successful. Terrible play-calling doesn't help either.

Playcalling? That was lack of readiness and heart. Who cares what the play is when the RB is being flattened the second he touches the ball and your QB makes 2 accurate throws. Totally unprepared and unwilling to play today.

Waiting for the truth to come out. The locker room has to be in disarray.

Their lack of effort shouted loud and clear " I don't give a ****"

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 3 pick?
Derwin James come'on down.

And too think I was going to call and get the Ticket. Whew! save some money there....

I agree with the OP...That was not just showing up to work drunk and hungover. That team did not have an inkling of a game plan or how to execute it. So many runs up the middle for no yardage...so many missed assignments and so little emotion or effort. I will say this...They alway play down to or BELOW the level of a bad team on the other side of the ball, its been like this since forever it seems.

Playcalling was terrible on both sides. No idea whats going on in Gase or Burke's mind, but its seems like they are using the first half of the game to scout their opponents and develop a game plan. Why don't these guys develop a game plan before playing teams? We've seen Gase call 19 games now and we never start off hot....we never start the 1st quarter exploiting our opponents weakness, and it usually takes 3 quarters for us to find it. Either our pro scouting dept is **** or our coaches don't have the foresight to put together a good plan. Some other observations:
  • Verner needs to be the early season cut example in 2017. He does not deserve a roster spot...cant tackle, cant cover, too slow to react to anything.
  • I really liked some of the blitzes DC Burke drew up, he just doesn't know when to call them.
  • We had more talent than the Jets and still lost, that's coaching. I'm seeing some cracks in the Gase offense, and for once it's not personnel related.
  • Jay Cutler should have been benched when it was 20-0. He was showing no signs of life. I'll take Matt Moore's interceptions and fumbles over what we saw from Cutler today.

Playcalling was terrible on both sides. No idea whats going on in Gase or Burke's mind, but its seems like they are using the first half of the game to scout their opponents and develop a game plan. Why don't these guys develop a game plan before playing teams? We've seen Gase call 19 games now and we never start off hot....we never start the 1st quarter exploiting our opponents weakness, and it usually takes 3 quarters for us to find it. Either our pro scouting dept is **** or our coaches don't have the foresight to put together a good plan. Some other observations:
  • Verner needs to be the early season cut example in 2017. He does not deserve a roster spot...cant tackle, cant cover, too slow to react to anything.
  • I really liked some of the blitzes DC Burke drew up, he just doesn't know when to call them.
  • We had more talent than the Jets and still lost, that's coaching. I'm seeing some cracks in the Gase offense, and for once it's not personnel related.
  • Jay Cutler should have been benched when it was 20-0. He was showing no signs of life. I'll take Matt Moore's interceptions and fumbles over what we saw from Cutler today.

Me too...and why it has come to the ship goes down with the QB in the NFL I will never understand. I mean...what is the worst that can happen by getting Moore in the game? You lose by another couple td's due to pick 6's? So what...He may have actually sparked the offense and with a full half to work with who knows?

We never will...thats for sure

Me too...and why it has come to the ship goes down with the QB in the NFL I will never understand. I mean...what is the worst that can happen by getting Moore in the game? You lose by another couple td's due to pick 6's? So what...He may have actually sparked the offense and with a full half to work with who knows?

We never will...thats for sure

When Cutler gets into these funks, he stays in them. He doesn't rebound or rally the troops, he just coasts through games. Dude should have been benched imo.

Back
Top Bottom