We're Getting Slow (Hargreaves released) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're Getting Slow (Hargreaves released)

What the hell? We’ve lost ground in the claims department. There’s no way we get him.

why in the world wouldn’t teams ahead of us put in a claim?
His price tag.
Teams in front of us may have cap issues.

I remember Sons of Shula being pretty high on the guy if i recall.

No harm in putting in a claim.

Right but if blows out his knee between now and of the year, wouldn’t that trigger the option guarantee because he’d likely not pass a physical by camp?
Yes it Could if he fails that camp physical. But again it is on the team Drs. Example Tyrod Taylor was guaranteed for INJ and he got hurt his last year with the Bills too, they passed him essentially saying by the start of next season he will be healthy and then traded him. So it depends on your Drs

This is a no brainer for all the cap room we have. Local player at a position of need.

I would say, 'no'.

He's only signed through the end of this year. So, even if he was any good for us, he'd likely just bail at the end of the year.

Most of the players that we've signed have come with an ability to keep them. Vernon lacks that.

As someone whose watched a lot of him from HS to college to the NFL I can confidently say he is a bust as a lockdown outside guy. He's slow as dirt, that's really the only knock but it's a very significant knock.

With that being said I've always believed he could be a legit playmaker as a purely slot underneath cover guy. Worth a shot if he's humble and willing to accept that role.

got cut because he didn't move his ***, but coach flo might want him remember he's someone's else 1rd pick, but were 4th in the waver wire so we might not get the chance.

With some players it takes a heart to heart with the agent . . . "dude, with your reputation, you either go to your next team and man up - play hard and non-stop - or you're driving a taxi. No more chances after this.' Sometimes it works, sometimes not

As someone whose watched a lot of him from HS to college to the NFL I can confidently say he is a bust as a lockdown outside guy. He's slow as dirt, that's really the only knock but it's a very significant knock.

With that being said I've always believed he could be a legit playmaker as a purely slot underneath cover guy. Worth a shot if he's humble and willing to accept that role.

if we did bring him in, agree, nickel only... otherwise it’s like having McCain play outside.

NB are getting paid a lot in a pass first league. With his run support he should be moved into the NB position and just become a top end NB

if we did bring him in, agree, nickel only... otherwise it’s like having McCain play outside.

Yup, although he is bigger and more athletic so at least he has that. Still can't believe we ever tried playing McCain outside lol.

He does have a large, risky contract. I mean of course they may want him but they probably would rather wait until he clears waivers and offer him a contract.

I get it's $9M and risky! But that's a young talent that i can't see many GMs passing on.
Especially at that position. Practically every team in the league could use an additional player at that position.

It's not happening for Miami!

Back
Top Bottom