What a great game. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a great game.

Vertical Limit said:
It was a good game, but it still didn't excite me as much as the USC vs Notre Dame last year. I was expecting more out of this, I mean, there was a ton of hype. I guess the lack of "star" power was the difference between this game and the USC vs Notre Dame game last year.

:lol: This game lived upto the height. It may have exceeded it. High scoring game, with lots of huge plays. My fav was Chris Wells run.

Was a great game . . . wasn't USC - Notre Dame last year, but was a MUCH better game than I thought it would be. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rematch in the Fiesta Bowl. Michigan actually outplayed them in the 2nd half, but was just too far behind early. I'm interested to see where Michigan falls . . . I wouldn't put them more than 4th . . and even as high as second still being that they lost in Columbus only by 3 points. USC still had several close calls this year, but a big win over Arkansas . . . truly the USC - Notre Dame game will decide everything. If USC beats Cal 2nite (they are up as I type) and then they beat Notre Dame, combined with the Arkansas win . . . that is pretty tuff to leave out . . . but Michigan losing to the number one team in their house by 3 points is also tuff. I think Florida was the big loser today, tho they crushed their opponet, they needed a convincing win by Ohio State . . . I still give them an outside shot, but the chance would have been much greater if Ohio State wins by 10+ . . .alot of close calls for Florida, probably should have lost a game or 2 more, but if they win out impressive than anything is possible.

Right now I see it as:

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Arkansas

Kdawg954 said:
Was a great game . . . wasn't USC - Notre Dame last year, but was a MUCH better game than I thought it would be. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rematch in the Fiesta Bowl. Michigan actually outplayed them in the 2nd half, but was just too far behind early. I'm interested to see where Michigan falls . . . I wouldn't put them more than 4th . . and even as high as second still being that they lost in Columbus only by 3 points. USC still had several close calls this year, but a big win over Arkansas . . . truly the USC - Notre Dame game will decide everything. If USC beats Cal 2nite (they are up as I type) and then they beat Notre Dame, combined with the Arkansas win . . . that is pretty tuff to leave out . . . but Michigan losing to the number one team in their house by 3 points is also tuff. I think Florida was the big loser today, tho they crushed their opponet, they needed a convincing win by Ohio State . . . I still give them an outside shot, but the chance would have been much greater if Ohio State wins by 10+ . . .alot of close calls for Florida, probably should have lost a game or 2 more, but if they win out impressive than anything is possible.

Right now I see it as:

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Arkansas
That probably game is pretty slippery. They "probably" should have won the Auburn game w/o a blown call giving Auburn the ball when UF was in close. The only "probably" loss was South Carolina.

finswin56 said:
That probably game is pretty slippery. They "probably" should have won the Auburn game w/o a blown call giving Auburn the ball when UF was in close. The only "probably" loss was South Carolina.

Regardless . . . they lost to Auburn, close calls against South Carolina and Tennessee, Vandy and Georgia were fairly close. I'm not trying to get on Florida . . .they played a tuff *** schedule, and any team to come out of that schedule with one loss deserves a shot at the title. But I can't take them over a Michigan team who destroyed a top 5 Notre Dame team, and lost by 3 AT Ohio State. Unless UF comes out and just blanks both FSU and Arkansas, I think they just wont have the right luck (tho they are definetly deserving).

Neither one of those teams looked very complete to me. It may have been entertaining but I don't think that game said much for either squad. Troy Smith is as exciting as anyone in the country though for sure.

Kdawg954 said:
Regardless . . . they lost to Auburn, close calls against South Carolina and Tennessee, Vandy and Georgia were fairly close. I'm not trying to get on Florida . . .they played a tuff azz schedule, and any team to come out of that schedule with one loss deserves a shot at the title. But I can't take them over a Michigan team who destroyed a top 5 Notre Dame team, and lost by 3 AT Ohio State. Unless UF comes out and just blanks both FSU and Arkansas, I think they just wont have the right luck (tho they are definetly deserving).
Right now I can't argue that UF deserve to be there either. Regardless of their schedule, they just haven't played well lately. I try not to get caught up in scores, as much as the team's performance. I'm not against the rematch, but I also don't think Michigan played up to the three point loss. They were handed the ball a few times, and I really think those gifts made it closer than it should have been. OSU's offense dominated. That's scary, because Michigan's previous performances showed their defense to be legitimate.

I'm not sold on any team to face OSU right now.
Tressel just seems to own Carr, and I don't see a rematch making it any different.
UF hasn't played well in a while, and is missing their best DT in Marcus Thomas. That's a really big deal. When he's been out, they haven't been nearly as good against the run or in rushing the QB. With their uninspiring offense, defense is the key for UF, and it probably won't be as good as it was when they held UT to negative rushing yards in Knoxsville.
USC lost to an unranked team, but looks very good lately. I think ND is highly overrated, and will be beaten soundly next week. That will give USC a big boost in the voters eyes, even though ND isn't nearly as good as their ranking. They haven't impressed me at all this year outside of Quinn. Their defense is not NC caliber.
Arkansas is hot, and could probably give a good fight. I just don't think they can recover from that USC beating at the beginning of the season in the voters eyes... even though it's clearly a different team now.

Far too much ambiguity and subjectivity outside of OSU.
One of these days we'll at least get a +1.
What a great final four it would be with
OSU
Michigan
USC/ND
UF/Arkansas

Vertical Limit said:
Boo Hoo, your team stinks and isn't playing in a BCS Bowl, let's criticize the best team in the country so we feel better about ourself. :boohoo:
I hope USC wins their last two games against UCLA and Notre Dame so they can get drilled in the National Championship game with all their star players. :sidelol:
GO BUCKEYES #1:allhail:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Boo Hoo, your team stinks and isn't playing in a BCS Bowl, let's criticize the best team in the country so we feel better about ourself. :boohoo:
I hope USC wins their last two games against UCLA and Notre Dame so they can get drilled in the National Championship game with all their star players. :sidelol:
GO BUCKEYES #1:allhail:

Damn you Michigan for losing. Now these guys can barely get their heads through the door!

UF Fin Kat said:
i hope every single team in the country loses except UF.
:lol:
...was thinking pretty much the same thing (well, substitute WVU for UF)

finswin56 said:
Right now I can't argue that UF deserve to be there either. Regardless of their schedule, they just haven't played well lately. I try not to get caught up in scores, as much as the team's performance. I'm not against the rematch, but I also don't think Michigan played up to the three point loss. They were handed the ball a few times, and I really think those gifts made it closer than it should have been. OSU's offense dominated. That's scary, because Michigan's previous performances showed their defense to be legitimate.

I'm not sold on any team to face OSU right now.
Tressel just seems to own Carr, and I don't see a rematch making it any different.
UF hasn't played well in a while, and is missing their best DT in Marcus Thomas. That's a really big deal. When he's been out, they haven't been nearly as good against the run or in rushing the QB. With their uninspiring offense, defense is the key for UF, and it probably won't be as good as it was when they held UT to negative rushing yards in Knoxsville.
USC lost to an unranked team, but looks very good lately. I think ND is highly overrated, and will be beaten soundly next week. That will give USC a big boost in the voters eyes, even though ND isn't nearly as good as their ranking. They haven't impressed me at all this year outside of Quinn. Their defense is not NC caliber.
Arkansas is hot, and could probably give a good fight. I just don't think they can recover from that USC beating at the beginning of the season in the voters eyes... even though it's clearly a different team now.

Far too much ambiguity and subjectivity outside of OSU.
One of these days we'll at least get a +1.
What a great final four it would be with
OSU
Michigan
USC/ND
UF/Arkansas

That's a great assesment......I agree with just about everything you said...Its likely to be USC OSU...wich is fine with me.

HysterikiLL said:
Damn you Michigan for losing. Now these guys can barely get their heads through the door!
Nah, that was before the game. Construction crews in Columbus are currently working around the clock to remove exterior walls from residences in order to allow the swollen craniums back inside.

Bumpus said:
Nah, that was before the game. Construction crews in Columbus are currently working around the clock to remove exterior walls from residences in order to allow the swollen craniums back inside.

C'mon say it with me................Ooooooooooooo Hhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Back
Top Bottom