What about Edge James? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Edge James?

bjb7223

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I heard he wants out of Indy and wants to return home. Think they will take Adawale for him?

I heard not this year because he's restricted and they want to win with him. But next year he wants to come here.

I think it's definite possiblity. I would definitly not mind seeing Edge in Miami. Oh all he backs people have been mentioning. He is up there with one I would definitly like to see in a dolphin uniform.

Hank Goldberg says that there's a possibility of a blockbuster trade for Edgerrin James, they would trade Ogunleye to the Colts to fill their hole at DE.

I'd take that trade. Although I feel Ricky is more talented than Edge, I believe Edge is very close to the same style and skill that ricky had. And I'm one of the few that believes anyone playing on the opposite side of JT will benefit much, Ogun is better then the past DE's, but will not be a superstar on any other team. GO PHINS!

They do already have a solid DE Freeley. We should all remember him from last year. He knocked the taste out of Greise's mouth. Anyway with one year left on his contract it is just bad practice to give up a lot for a guy in a trade. It shouldn't happen although the edge would play hard in Miami. I mean look how hard he plays in Indy and he doesn't even want to be there.

James is unrestricted. they get nothing for him if he signs with another team. also MArvin harrison is also a Fa. and he will be franchised.

Good for Indy because James will proabably be gone next year anyway. But bad for us considering the age of the guy. A very risky trade and I don't think Rick will do it.

i don't think indy will be able to afford ogun unless the want to lose freeney (isn't his contract up soon?)

Indy is probably going to have to pay for the Manning deal by losing Edge. If we wait, we get him next year w/o giving up players or picks.

There is no reason to give up too much to get a running back. If our line doesn't block any better than last year, it just won't matter. Edge would be a good pick, but at the right price this year. Next year, he will give us the home team discount. Isn't Edge a year younger than Ricky?

Why wait though, seriously guys? Boston and Chambers together. The best Cornerback group as a whole, in the entire NFL. I am not talking 1-2, I am talking all 4. We have Zach, and JT, Junior is ready, Pat, Sam, Sammy Knight. These guys are not going to be together forever, but are still dominating. This is where you hate seeing Wannstedt not have Player Personel power, because he knows it's his last year, and they need to win NOW. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor and Patrick Surtain want to win NOW. Also, Edge wants to come here, just like David Boston. Boston could have gotten a lot more money elsewhere, he chose to redo his deal for the Dolphins. Players work with you. If this deal was done, Edge would sign a new deal, that would be 4 or 5 years.

this is the only thing that makes me hesitate to get james when he could easily be here next year anyways and we could see what he has in the tank this year. does he come back to 2000 form? It is a contract year.

I agree....if we can do this w/out breaking the bank or selling the farm, do it! We wanna win now!

Let's just wait for Edge to become unrestriced. No need to give up a pro-bowl DE for someone we can have for nothing next year.

Back
Top Bottom