What about Hester??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Hester???

Krie30511

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
i know its a lil early to be thinking draft but... i say if we have a 10 ten pick we should try hard to get hester..... I know its not a priority.... but maybe we can trade down for another pick, maybe 2 firsts, so we can pick him.. Devon Hester is special he's one of those freaks thats coming out of Miami... Just wanna know what ya'll think,,,:cooldude:

Hester is a sophomore and a CB. We currently are too strong at CB to waste our time there. After that, no one's seen enough playing time on defense from Hester to go so far as he'll be a 1st round pick, much less top-10. His returning skills are tremendous as he's fast, elusive and fearless, but it would be a step in the wrong direction to draft a CB at this juncture even if he were eligible for the draft this year.

I think Hester is an athletic monster, too....but worth a 1st rounder? Not for a kick returner, sry. If we could get him in the later rounds, though....i'd be all for it, he'd be a major special teams boost.

bakedmatt said:
Hester is a sophomore and a CB. We currently are too strong at CB to waste our time there. After that, no one's seen enough playing time on defense from Hester to go so far as he'll be a 1st round pick, much less top-10. His returning skills are tremendous as he's fast, elusive and fearless, but it would be a step in the wrong direction to draft a CB at this juncture even if he were eligible for the draft this year.
Isnt Hester a WR? or was he moved? i may have missed that.

He isn't a CB or WR at the moment, he's a special teams ace, that got a CB position on the depth charts. He is not a top 10 pick, he probably isn't a first day pick, or maybe a wild card first day pick. If he continues like this for 2 more years, maybe he'll climb. No teams draft a guy with a 1 for special teams. He has shown nothing on defense as of yet. Jumping the gun a little. He's one of those, Need a good GM to pick up a player like him.

First rounder, what the hell? Although he's one of my favorite players, if Hester came out now, he'd be a mid-rounder. He has a load of talent, but he's not gonna be a very good CB. Unfortunately for Hester, UM has a load of talent at receiver as usual. Like Najeh Davenport, when drafted he'll switch back to his old position. He's gonna be an elite return man, though.

As a receiver, he reminds me of Randy Hymes....

Back
Top Bottom