What about this trade?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ahmajokester, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ahmajokester

ahmajokester Scout Team

Dolphins get: LB Mychal Kendricks
    OG Chance Warmack
    Phily's 2018 1st Round Pick

Eagles get: WR Jarvis Landry
    Miami's 2018 3rd Round Pick

I'd hate to lose Landry, but we happen to be loaded at receiver - and I think the Eagles could use another weapon for Wentz. Kendricks and Warmack would probably not get on the field much for the Eagles, but I think Kendricks would fit in great with our LBs and start right away, and with the right coaching, I think Warmack would at least compete to start at LG right away...

Also sets us up for a nice draft next year.

Thoughts? Is this a trade you would be happy with if Miami pulled the trigger? Would Philly never consider it?

2. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Thats a hard pass.

3. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

For the best slot receiver in the game....no. I like the fact that we get the Eagles first round pick but we also pick up his 16 million dollar guaranteed contract. On the other hand, laundry comes cheap at least for this year. We can get another stop gap LB for this year and see what next season brings.

4. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Nope

royalshank likes this.
  5. Bufeo

Bufeo Active Member

Zero chance the Eagles would ever accept such a deal!

artdnj and buzdoubt like this.
  6. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Props to the OP for having the guts to put it out there. I'd absolutely hate to trade Jarvis Landry and hope the team gets a long-term deal done with him.

That said, I think the wide receiver depth on Miami is really good. Maybe there's another receiver the team could trade straight up for Mychal Kendricks, besides DaVante Parker or Kenny Stills. I'm not sure why he always seems to be on the trading block for Philly, but the Dolphins do have a recent history of trading with the Eagles. Not too familiar with their roster and whether they even need help at wide receiver.

VBCheeseGrater and HeavenCent like this.
  7. Travis34

I think they feel okay for now. Alshon Jeffrey is there, Torrey Smith, and it sounds like they think Agholor has improved enough to warrant them trading away jordan mathews. So those are their top 3, and they drafted a rookie in the 4th... Not saying that Landry wouldn't be an upgrade there, but I think they are probably set

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  8. The K MO SHOW

The K MO SHOW Well-Known Member

What about trading Carroo to the Chargers for MLB Denzel Perryman. You might have to throw a 5th rounder into the mix.

tay0365, Blancgary911, artdnj and 4 others like this.
  9. Travis34

This is much more intriguing

Avigatorx likes this.
  10. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Can't see Philly going for this.

11. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Why do people think Landry is so easily replaced?

12. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

I don't get the love affair with Kendricks?

13. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Absolutely

14. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

15. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I think trading Carroo could work out. With the undrafted rooks playing so well, Miami appears to have a lot of depth at wide receiver.

No way I'd trade Landry, though.

16. jazz015

jazz015 Well-Known Member

No. The Dolphins and Gase are not going to trade away their heart soul in the middle of a crisis. Let alone a leader on offense. The eagles will also have to pay Jeffery if he performs and adding Landry creates a log jam cap wise at the end of they year. You get terrible value in return in terms of players. Landry is also a good player but not worth a first round pick.

This is a hard no.

17. KingDolphin57

KingDolphin57 Hall of Fame

Last guy I'm trading is Landry. But that's just me. The guy exemplifies everything you want in a football player.

18. Brumdog45

Brumdog45 A True Fan

Probably because we did such a bang up job replacing Wes Welker.....except Welker should have been much easier to replace.

19. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I think it's more of get something for him before he leaves for nothing. Of course replacing him will be difficult but easier to do if you get some assets from him leaving.

VBCheeseGrater likes this.
  20. royalshank

I see. Hopefully we hang onto him. So disappointing when your home grown guys bolt after 4 seasons.

21. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

Somebody pre ordered madden!

22. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Landry doesn't just bring a skill set, he brings leadership, perseverance, character, and intangibles that are hard to ignore. You people wanting to trade Landry away are pretty much looking to trade away a future HOF still looking to enter his prime.

23. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Replace what, the ONE td he had receiving in 3 years(46 games) in Miami
    You think Hartline needed a GPS UP HIS BUTT TO FIND THE END ZONE

24. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

how is Landry this tradeable asset?
    He has been healthy and the most dependable WR. If we learn anything, it is better to have a deep WR problem.

25. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Exactly. Miami will go many many drafts without ever hitting on another Jarvis Landry. Players like him don't just grow on trees, and they're not found in every draft.

It's not just the on field production Miami couldn't replace. It's the energy he brings that is difficult to find. Landry is the guy who brings the energy for Miami's offense. You've seen the difference since the first time he stepped on the field for the Dolphins.

Furthermore, he's the one who holds his offensive teammates accountable. Not only that, he holds the offensive coaches accountable for Miami. Believe me, nobody else on Miami's offense can do it.

KingDolphin57 and Avigatorx like this.
  26. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

Because he is.........He really is.

Gase would have the time of his life mixing things around. Using Grant and Caroo on the outside and creating mismatches all over the field with Stills and Parker and Damien Williams and Thomas Duarte and Julius Thomas,and my favorite, Kenyon Drake,all putting in time as y-receivers. Then if you throw in the possibility of the Dolphins keeping six WR's you could create even more magic with the intriguing Stringfellow or Owusu.

Might see more double TE sets, which would be a good thing imo. If Fasano stays healthy this year, he is almost as good as an extra OT on the line.

But I am more about finding greatness. I like a straight up trade for LG Andrew Norwell with the Panthers. Norwell has been great the last two years and he appears to be on the way to becoming the next Marshall Yanda.

27. Kingdom Come

Yah, that sounds all rah! rah! and all, but I don't believe any of it. You guys have turned Landry into a cult hero of sorts and it almost time to start replacing
    the Chuck Norris anecdotes with Jarvis Landry ones.

NFL players and coaches are grownups and they don't Jarvis to be their inspiration or their task master; If they do, then that is pathetic and they should be replaced.

Starting to look like an old west tabloid about Wild Bill Hickock.

28. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

He isn't going to leave for nothing. If worse comes to worse, the Dolphins will use the franchise tag to keep him.

29. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

As far as I know, nobody around here turned Jarvis Landry into anything. Whatever he is, he earned.

Unlike all those iffy prospects you just threw out there as replacements.

Jakeem Grant is a 5'6" 150 pound special teams gadget...and not even a reliable one at that.

There's no way you actually believe all that you just posted. If so, you may want to stick to video games. Real football isn't a video game.

Adam Gase would be winning 4 games and out of a job taking your advice.

Although I'd like to see Landry in Atlanta with Matt Ryan and Julio. We'll send you a guard in exchange...

Avigatorx likes this.
  30. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

So the Dolphins have a wide receiver that they're hesitant to sign because he wants a huge contract. But don't worry: the solution is to ship him off to Philadelphia so that they then have to sign him to said huge contract, plus give the Dolphins two starters (at key positions of need for Miami) and their first round pick just for the privilege.

The only thing funnier than thinking that Philadelphia would agree to this is thinking that it's Miami who's getting hosed in the deal.

31. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Don't know much about Perryman and won't claim to, for some reason his name and Chargers ring a bell. Was he the backer that held out rookie season of OTAs and such and then was seen on video playing kickball or some sport? I know it was a Charger, just can't recall if that was him or not. With that said, Chargers will probably end up making a trade at some point in season when their WR core is riddled with injuries as usual.

As for what OP stated, don't see it happening for a few reasons but mainly because the Eagles were in really bad shape cap wise before the draft, with signing rookies and FAs and the likes, I don't see them taking on Landry with having to sign him long term/ Not taking Landry as a one year rental for 2 players and a 1st round pick.

32. Kingdom Come

So our players are ,"iffy?" I'm sure they would appreciate to hear that.

If you don't see a cult following of Landry in the posts on this board, then you are blind. It's everywhere.

Landry has earned to be highly respected NFL receiver, and if he continues to stay healthy and be heavily targeted, he may go to the Hall someday, however, I find your description of him as some kind of royalty up on a throne with our players as his sycophant followers, repulsive.

The fact is, this Dolphins team is loaded with receiving talent, and that isn't hype, or exaggerated stories about Landry's stupendous leadership, like he is the second coming of Martin Luther King or something.

33. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I cant tell if you're trolling or just out of your mind, and I'm usually pretty good at spotting the lures.

34. royalshank

On paper it sounds easy - when the hitting starts it's a different ballgame so to speak. Landry is going to give you 100% on every play. We have yet to see that from Parker and even Stills who at times will make a business decision not to stick his head in there. Replacing Jarvis would be more difficult than it would appear from up here in Madden-land.

Avigatorx likes this.
  35. jazz015

jazz015 Well-Known Member

This idea that Grant is going to replace Landry when he can't even catch the ball or hold onto it is mind boggling. Landry has earned the respect of the entire league, Grant is just a nice story that fans want to root for. Forgive some of us for not buying into one pre season game. A team rarely uses their 5th and 6th recievers on offense unless there is an injury. Duarte isn't even going make the team if Gray stays healthy.

Straight up trades rarely happen in the NFL. I doubt we would have the pieces to trade for an all pro guard. We would need to sign him to an extension as well. Why not just wait for FA and pay him and keep our picks and players?

Avigatorx likes this.
  36. goonies

goonies A True Fan

Anyone who supports trading Jarvis Landry needs to go root for another team or are not real dolphin fans. I'll go as far as saying he's the heart of this team. Give me a whole team full of Landry and I'll win you a Super Bowl.

37. mia4ever

mia4ever Pro Bowler

No we're not trading Jarvis Landry

Avigatorx likes this.
  38. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

You're legitimately delusional.

KingDolphin57, Travis34 and Avigatorx like this.
  39. GOfins54

GOfins54 Active Member

Depends what the feeling is on getting signed to a reasonable contract. If they don't think it's happening it's better to trade him. Business over emotion. I love the dude as a player.

40. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

This situation clarifies for me why we need the franchise tag, which so many people seem to complain about. If your homegrown talent is being unreasonable about his 2nd contract, at least the teams have a card to play. Player gets paid, team keeps player for a year.