What about Troy Smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Troy Smith?

armyfinfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I've read good things about Troy Smith QB Ohio State. They say he has progressed all season. He can run, pass and is also very humble. He played great against Notre Dame with some big numbers. Any Opinions

i think he is far away from nfl ready , but he showed something last night, he has a good arm and can make plays with his feet, although he has to take care of the ball better

He is a junior who will return and improve his play to hopefully be NFL ready.....though he did out-play Quinn who most think is already NFL ready.

How many rookie QB's come out NFL ready? We could take him later on and upgrade other positions with our top picks.

whats with his size i dunno i didn´t see the official number but he looked small is he 6´0 ?

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Troy Smith bandwagon was started. He isn't ready for the NFL. I seriously doubt he'll ever be an NFL caliber QB. Just my opinion.

LtDan said:
He is a junior who will return and improve his play to hopefully be NFL ready.....though he did out-play Quinn who most think is already NFL ready.

On the Ohio State site it says he is a senior. Is this wrong?

I have only seen him play 2 times this year and have been impressed both times. I am interested in the future, but he isnt coming out this year.

Can't we just draft every QB that has a big bowl game?
No?
Why not?!?!

SCall13 said:
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Troy Smith bandwagon was started. He isn't ready for the NFL. I seriously doubt he'll ever be an NFL caliber QB. Just my opinion.

Ditto....but you just knew that this thread was coming after yesterday's game.:lol:

One flaw I already noticed is he has a terribly slow release. He has sort of a wind up - a very slow one - before he releases the ball. He'd have THAT to correct and other areas to develop. That release would cost him alot of INTs in the NFL.

Any QB will look like a star when the opposing defensive backs display such a complete indifference to covering his receivers. Was Tom Zbikowski the only Notre Dame DB that even bothered to suit up?

phunwin said:
Any QB will look like a star when the opposing defensive backs display such a complete indifference to covering his receivers. Was Tom Zbikowski the only Notre Dame DB that even bothered to suit up?

Seriously! THe ND DBs seemed to have given up after the first bomb.

Yuck no. He completed 62% of his passes, but hardly threw enough times for me to consider him an elite QB. His numbers were mediocre and he contributed to an OSU "down" season that I think should have brought a National Title.

Back
Top Bottom