What about working a deal.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about working a deal....

I would also love to get Foster. There are a few RB's I would be willing to give up something for. Foster, Alexander, McGahee( even though he is unproven ). Other then that I say let Minor play. Minor is no worse then 75% of the RB's people are listing, those 3 right there are ona different level IMHO. GO PHINS!

Foster is a FA at the end of this season I believe. To trade for a guy who might only be here a year isn't too wise. But if the asking price was right (but I think Carolina would want a lot for him) its worth a shot.

Of all the rumors flying right now, DeShaun Foster is the one I hope we pursure the most. This guy is a stud back and we should try and get him and quickly. My second choice would be Onterro Smith. He's shown flashes of greatness and I think in the right system he could blossom into a fine RB. Still, I'd take Foster in a heartbeat.

personally, I am against making any trades at this pt. We s/sign a UFA like Mack, Stewart, Candidate or Lamar Smith and live with what we got and spend the rest of RW's salary on CC and if any left OGun

Does anybody know if they plan to make a deal before or during camp?

he got suspended for weed in college, too. i say stand pat (and resign ogun & cc), somebody will step up.

When I started looking at what teams were deep at RB, Carolina and Foster were the first to come to mind. But they have an aging Davis who may have one or two more years at most where he would be better than Foster, so I dont think the Panthers are going to be very willing to trade him. If they are willing the price will be HIGH make no mistake, to land a RB like Foster will cost alot and since we dont have a 2nd rounder it would probably be the next years 2nd. While RB's like Davenport would be middle round picks and give us a back up to Minor in case he cant carry the load. I would like to see Mack brought in for short yardage situations, while I think Minor can carry most of the load I would feel better if he didnt get mangled in the short yardage situations. I am not sure of his durability through a full NFL season and Mack would be insurance.

Well I do know that James from Indy has said he would love to return to miami that is his home he doesn't like Indy. He will be a free agent at the end of the season and they do have rhodes who was getting it done until he got hurt. The Colts are going to have to do a lot of cutting with the big contract they just gave Manning. I would love to have him.

dolphan39 said:
personally, I am against making any trades at this pt. We s/sign a UFA like Mack, Stewart, Candidate or Lamar Smith and live with what we got and spend the rest of RW's salary on CC and if any left OGun
I totally agree with you, bro...Let em get who's available cheap and let em fight it out with Minor...THE LAST THING WE NEED IS FOR THE TEAM TO GET ALL SCARED AND MAKE A REALLY DUMB MOVE AND GIVE UP SOMETHING BIG LIKE THEY DID FOR FEELEY!!!! Make sure we get our core guys back. Make sure they sign CHambers and get serious with Ogun! If we don't get Chambers done, I'll bet he's gone next year, cus the Fins are one of the cheapest organizations who want to downplay everyone to save a few nickels.:shakeno:

"personally, I am against making any trades at this pt. We s/sign a UFA like Mack, Stewart, Candidate or Lamar Smith and live with what we got and spend the rest of RW's salary on CC and if any left OGun"

amen brother...

Terrell Davis and Jamal Anderson should be free why not give them a call. How about Ricky Watters or Csonka or Bobby Humphries.

Hah, Ricky Watters might actually be an option at this point.

Anyway, if the right deal presents itself, sure go for it but I severely doubt the right deal will come up. Everyone with RB depth is going to set out to bilk us.

Back
Top Bottom