What could have been | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could have been

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
OK, I'm not one that usually looks back and says if only this or if only that. But for just a minute I cant help think back to last weeks game. "IF" the Fins find a way to win that game, they are right now tied for first place in the division with the tiebraker over the Pats(at least until the next meeting).

This is where the "IF's" end, they didn't find a way to win and they are not tied for the division lead, but the reason I actually thought about this in the first place is, for as disappointing as the losses to the Colts and Saints and some of the other parts of the season has been. In reality the Fins were still one loss away from the top.

I guess it's just a slightly optomistic thought given the work that the team still needs. But one still worth mentioning.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Now it's time to move forward and take care of the business at hand. First up the Carolina Kittys.

We just need to take care of business from here on out.

We have played the toughest first half schedule in the NFL. Including BOTH 9-0 teams and we gave them ALL they could handle.

Let's just win on Thu.

what if we beat indy and saints. i hate the if game. woulda coulda shoulda we are 4-5. lets stick to reality

what if we beat indy and saints. i hate the if game. woulda coulda shoulda we are 4-5. lets stick to reality

I am perectly aware of the coulda shoulda game, this isn't a post stating "OMG if only the Fins would have beat the Pats we would be in first place". That is why I said I don't usually look back.

The point I was trying to make is as bad as this season has seemed at times, the one game against the Patriots is all that separates the top team from a very mediocre Fins team.

In otherwords as much work as the Fins still need, with the NFL the way it is today one game can change everything.

And just for the record if the Fins had won either one of those games they would still be looking up at the Pats.

What IF Carp missed the game winner yesterday?
What IF Ronnie got stopped on the goal line in the Monday night game?

We're 4-5 with an opportunity to get back into the playoff race. There are no ifs.

Back
Top Bottom