What do the Dolphins fans want to do with their pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do the Dolphins fans want to do with their pick?

What to do with pick #2?

• Draft Cedric Benson (or RB Brown,Williams)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Draft a QB (Rodgers, Smith)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Draft a WR (BMW, Braylon Edwards)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draft a CB (Rolle,Pac Man)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draft Derrick Johnson

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Trade pick #2 to WAS,DAL, or SD

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

chiblueTNT

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bears fan here trying to gauge our draftpick. I was wondering what you guys thought you needed the most and who were you going to draft?

I want Cadillac but if we get Alexander or Edge then we won't. Definitly won't draft a DB with the top pick, QB is also a no no. I hope we can trade down but don't know if thats possible

I watch a lot of PAC-10 football games to see my alma mater in action (ASU)...even though the PAC-10 doesn't have the best defensive teams in the world (with maybe the exception of USC), I saw a lot of Aaron Rodgers games. I really think Rodgers would be worth taking with the 2nd pick. Rodgers has a lot of confidence in himself and is rather on the ****y side but he is not an arrogant s.o.b. He reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger as far as his confidence and leadership skills. Some say Rodgers is not that big, but he will add a little weight and he is a good scrambler when forced out of the pocket. The main thing about Rodgers is he is deadly accurate. I saw him complete over 20 straight passes against USC's defense, and he can easily throw it 65+ yards as shown in a recent skills competition. He would make a nice backup to Feeley until he learns the system.

We have major needs at LT, RB, C, DT and QB.

If we stay at #2 we should take Derrick Johnson aka the best player on the board! If we want a RB (Brown,Cadillac or Benson) or a LT (Barron) we should trade down (into the 4-8 range) and pick up a 2nd rounder!

I hope we take Derrick Johnson cuz hes pretty much a lock to be a perennial Pro Bowler!

I'm with Shifty187. With Seau probably through dealing and possibility of not re-signing Greenwood, OLB is going to be a major concern for our team in my opinion. If we didn't trade down I wouldn't be dissapointed at all if we drafted Derrick Johnson.

chiblueTNT said:
Bears fan here trying to gauge our draftpick. I was wondering what you guys thought you needed the most and who were you going to draft?
Think there is any chance the bears might want to trade up with us. You may want to get ahead of the browns.

I'd like one of the top two wide receivers so we can have a more dynamic passing game that has been missing since Marino left.

I selected QB(Smith or Rodgers) because our passing game is weak and we should start to build the foundations of a juggernaut offense for the future(2-3 years down the road).

McPhearson has more of an upside to me as far as a QB goes. Todays prototype QB has to be mobile, the days of the Marino and Bledsoe pocket passer is gone with the speed of d-linemen today.

Lets trade down, take a RB and Mcpherson then get LB help.

(McPherson) mature young man who learned from his mistakes and told me he embarrassed his family, let down is school and coaches and was never going to let bad decisions or bad friends be part of his life again. I've heard the speech before from other young men who have gone astray, but this time I believed it. Adrian is on the long road back to the place he always wanted to get to: the NFL. Mark my words -- this young quarterback, who benched 225-pound weight 22 times and will run somewhere close to 4.5 in the 40 is going to stir the pot at the quarterback position. He's humble, hungry and very talented. While some players are trying to avoid the testing and drills at the combine, he can't wait to get on the field and show the NFL what he's all about. Clarett may be the story we're all hearing about, but McPherson may be the story we all need to know about this weekend.
-Pat Kirwin nfl.com

I would draft McPherson with one of our picks (possible trading down some for more picks so our odds of getting him with a late first rounder/second rounder are greater but if not I think we should go with Alex Smith who I like a lot and I think will be a great QB in this league!

Back
Top Bottom