What do we need in the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we need in the draft?

defensivefan

Scout Team
Reaction score
What do we need from the draft? At least QB, RB, WR, TE, 2 X OL, DE, LB, CB/S and P. That is 10 picks that we have to make to fill huge holes in our roster. Therefore we cannot trade up big time. To 6 may be if Quinn is there but he won't be. With so many holes we take bpa as far as we can- all things being equal OT (Brown) or WR (Ginn) in first, WR (Gonzalez) or TE (Miller) or OL (Free) or QB (Beck) with second picks and OL (Satele) or DB or QB (Kolb) with third. But if a top quality player falls you go bpa- what would you rather get- a hall of famer at e.g. DT or an above average QB? Pull the trigger on the best- you're more likely to get someone special that way.

We have 7 WR's and 5 TE's on the roster. If we don't trade Booker or Chambers we defintely don't need a WR. I think we should trade Booker and save the 3.7 mil to use to help eat dead cap from cutting or trading DC.

We don't really need a DE. Vonnie can play end and Rod Wright is also practising on the outside and AGB is backing up JT.

We need four OL guys because some of the depth guys on the roster we don't really want to make the team.

We need an elite corner prospect and an elite safety prospect if Jason Allen is really moving to corner to play the nickel.

We defintely want to be drafting the best punter in the draft.

If Mcune is really looking as good as they say we may not need a LB.
Pope is very good and AGB can play DE/OLB.

4 OL and 2 secondary and 1 QB and 1 P and that just leaves a couple 7ths to pick a couple ST's or practice squad guys.

I think our needs in order would be: QB, LT, CB, C, LG, WR, TE, S, P

If a quality DL/LB starts to slide we would have to consider them at some point as well, but I don't think thats quite as big a need.

Back
Top Bottom