What do you guys think about Alshon Jeffery? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think about Alshon Jeffery?

samikit13

Golden Flakes
Reaction score
He's a big wr at 6-3 215, has great hands and runs good routes. He was amazing 2 years ago. Production was down this last year because of weight issues.

I would like him in a phin uniform, and wouldnt mind seeing Miami trade ther two thirds rounders for another mid 2nd rounder if players like Jeffrey, DE Curry, Branch are available mid 2nd round.

If you're talking about size/speed/abilities. I'd personally look at Stephen Hill before I looked at Alshon.

Stephen Hill
6'5
215-220lbs
4.36 forty yard dash

Calvin Johnson
6'5
240lbs
4.32 forty yard dash

I'm not saying that Stephen is Calvin's twin. But they have a TON of similarities. Size, speed, same college, both can burn the coverage or go up over top and get the ball

NO

No speed
Will not maintain weight
No seperation
Reminds me of the big reciever we got out of USC 2-3 years ago.
Same player

NO

No speed
Will not maintain weight
No seperation
Reminds me of the big reciever we got out of USC 2-3 years ago.
Same player

Being a gator fan I watched him own Jenkins who is an elite cb. No way he is in the same boat as Turner.

I think he shoud be nicknamed "biscuit". For most of his senior year he played football 1 biscuit short of 250#.

Hill / Quivk/ I even like Nick Toon a lot!!
I really hope we have an eye on Toon

Toon and Jefferies very similar player. However no issues with Toons weight. he is consistant and runs perfect routes. fights for the ball and hads PERFECT hands.

Id rather hope S. Hill falls to us, and we trade up into the 2nd rd to get a OLB

I will repost what I said in another post.

Alshon Jeffery should be the pick. This guy is a monster. He dominated games in the SEC with a terrible quaterback throwing him the ball (Garcia). He is the only person to dominate the Alabama's secondary a couple years back and that is a huge rarety against a Saban secondary in the college ranks. He is a big game player; has outstanding hands; good size (6'3"); and showed during his pro day he has speed (4.47 40). He is also a huge red zone target and can go up and get the ball. Also SC coaches said he was one of the hardest working players on the team; and despite his poor qb player has good character, never complaining about not getting the ball. He reminds me a bit of B Marsh without the offfield issues and better hands. Imagine what he can do with a decent qb.

As for the weight issues he quickly shed off those pounds and dropped from 240 to 216. Based on what the coaches said about him I believe he will work hard to maintain his weight around 220... I doubt Miami gets him, but hopefully this kid doesn't end up a Bill, Jet or Pat cause this guy has Top 10 WR talent written all over him.

I would love to get him, and then try him at TE. I think he'd be along the lines of Graham and Gonzalez.

Back
Top Bottom