What does Ryan Tannehill's 2018 Return Mean? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does Ryan Tannehill's 2018 Return Mean?

Of course it can. Because that's exactly what happened.

Give me a break! I get you don't like him, but you should give the man credit when he deserves it and he definitely deserves it for last season.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed in 2018, Tannehill probably among them-- assuming it all goes smoothly with his return which isn't a lock considering this is take two.

Welcome back, Ryan: we traded the best RB on the team, Landry is gone, the OL is still the same mess it ever was, and the defense is, well. . . .

Last edited:
Give me a break! I get you don't like him, but you should give the man credit when he deserves it and he definitely deserves it for last season.

You give me a break and stop championing mediocrity. You're acting like it's an unreasonable suggestion LMAO.

2016 Dolphins Wins = Cleveland (OT), (Worst), San Francisco (2nd Worst), L.A. Rams (5th Worst), NY Jets = (6th Worst), SD Chargers (tied 6th worst), Bills (10th Worst), Arizona (13th worst).

The best win during that 8 and 5 stretch came against the Steelers, which is a game that anyone with two eyesballs saw that Jay Ajayi broke open .

Tannehill's cumulative numbers against winning teams in 2016 was 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

What more evidence do you need? It's a perfectly reasonable to say the uptick in quarterback rating came due to a soft schedule.

Last edited:
You give me a break and stop championing mediocrity. You're acting like it's an unreasonable suggestion LMAO.

2016 Dolphins Wins = Cleveland (OT), (Worst), San Francisco (2nd Worst), L.A. Rams (5th Worst), NY Jets = (6th Worst), SD Chargers (tied 6th worst), Bills (10th Worst), Arizona (13th worst).

The best win during that 8 and 5 stretch game against the Steelers, which is a game that anyone with two eyesballs saw that Jay Ajayi broke open .

Tannehill's cumulative numbers against winning teams in 2016 was 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

What more evidence do you need? It's a perfectly reasonable to say the uptick in quarterback rating came due to a soft schedule.

Just because the schedule looks “soft” doesn’t mean it is. Bad teams can have good defenses, ie the Rams, cards, and Chargers. Speaking of defenses, it’s miraculous that we won any of those games fielding a franchise record breaking defense. Let’s not forget the pass protection and Gase perpetually allowing (causing) slow starts with questionable play calls and flat, low emotion teams. I’m not saying anything other than give credit where credit is due. He played extremely well, PERIOD!

Awsi made an excellent point..Miami needs to murder the underneath stuff.

I'd kill for a LB as good as Lavonte David on TB..McMillian may have been that good but we'll have to wait another year.

Our LBs flat out suck in coverage, Kiko is always so flat footed and is late as hell to react to a guy running right past him.

The rams for example had a damn good defense..

Except they didn't lol

The Rams had the 23rd ranked scoring defense in 2016, and neither did the Chargers for that matter with their 29th ranked scoring defense.

Of the middling to bad teams we beat in 2016, only the Cardinals had an above average defense. Barely.

I'm excited to have Tannehill back but I would love for them to pull the trigger on a QB in the early rounds. All you really need in this league is a really good QB and a good coach. If you have both, you can hide a lot of deficiencies.

Tannehill was on his way it seemed, now who knows? We need to draft a QB, that's a given. Somewhere deep inside Tannehill must be smiling watching this disaster in 2017

Except they didn't lol

The Rams had the 23rd ranked scoring defense in 2016, and neither did the Chargers for that matter with their 29th ranked scoring defense.

Of the middling to bad teams we beat in 2016, only the Cardinals had an above average defense. Barely.

Again stats in a vacuum. What were they when we played them?? Take a look at our defense for example. The first 6 weeks they were a much better unit than they are currently. At the time the Chargers still has hope and less injuries while the Rams has just fired their head coach and were playing really hard. However if it’s not in a box score or spread sheet and doesn’t fit your narrative then it doesn’t matter right???

In my honest opinion, Tannehill would've had a passer rating around 100 this year..

I say that in confidence now that I've seen Cutler flat out miss multiple wide open WRs all year that Ryan would've hit. In that regard with the offense being more productive the defense in turn would've been more consistent and not always playing from a deficit..

Just my opinion though.

Not with the 2017 running game he wouldn't. I like Tannehill but he needs good protection and a running game to succeed and he would have had neither. In fact, I think he would have taken more sacks and things could have been worse.

Not worried about RT. Im worried about him not having an OL thats not hot garbage with ZERO push in the running game.

Also not having a RB. DW and KD are ok in their roles for a few touches per game, but neither scare a D for 20 touches a game..

This truly is a team sport. Need a balanced O and D.

Even if RT was here this year, the middle of our D would still be getting shredded. He would just have the O posting more points and keeping the D more fresh which would have probably resulted in more wins, however that D would crumble in any playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom