What ever happened to Drew Henson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What ever happened to Drew Henson?

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be a dolphin for sure. How come we couldnt get that deal worked out?

It's very important not to get too caught up in speculation...:sleep:

Because we couldn't wait for the Texans to make a decision & lose out on other QBs, so we chose Feeley.

BTW, you need to change that first round bust avatar of yours :)

SMadison29 said:

Following in the line of Ryan Leaf & Drew Brees...:up:

Henson was traded to the phearless Dallas Cowboys and their *** of an owner. They were all abuzz of him for this past mini camp.

He's here in Dallas (puke...excuse me) and thats all they've been talking about. Of course, he's probably an upgrade over Quincy Carter.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Following in the line of Ryan Leaf & Drew Brees...:up:

Well, to be fair Brees wasn't a first round pick.

grooves12 said:
Well, to be fair Brees wasn't a first round pick.

Not a huge difference from #1 in the 2nd & the 1st-round, especially when it was pick #32 overall(pre-Texans). The expectations are still high. To be fair overall, he is considered a bust.

I think the main reason why it didn't get done is the front office didnt want to start the season with Jay as the starter. Henson might not be ready for 2 years. If AJ isn't are starting QB it will be after a few weeks of failing, so the fans are screaming for Jay. I don't understand how the Cowboys can keep taking chances on these guys that have huge question marks aound them. It is kind of funny that there starting QB makes about 4 times less than their 2 and 3rd string QB. Keep grabbing the baseball players Jerry.

SMadison29 said:
Because we couldn't wait for the Texans to make a decision & lose out on other QBs, so we chose Feeley.

Wait...you couldn't chance missing out on another QB...and so you sign a QB that no one has called to get in the year plus since he played?

Spikes said:
Wait...you couldn't chance missing out on another QB...and so you sign a QB that no one has called to get in the year plus since he played?
It's your opinion that no one called. It has been reported that at least two other teams were inquiring about him at the same time(Cleveland even admited it) we were and that the jets almost had a trade done, the year before, when pennington got injured....Of course the jets didn't want to give up a second round pick for a QB who may or may not even have kept the starting job so they backed off.

Do yourself a favor, if you want to get your little digs and shots in, at least have the integrity to come with factual information and not stuff you just repeat from what some other bills fan has said. They'll make you look ignorant every time. ;)

You want factual information?

Feeley played a few games TWO SEASON AGO and NO ONE aquired him the offseason after he played those games.

That's a fact.

Want another one?

He never moved up from 3rd on the depth chart...because the #2 guy held the ball for kicks.

Think about that for a second. Really think about it. It wasn't worth teaching him, or someone else on the roster how to hold the ball? He was SO GREAT A QB TALENT that the Eagles would rather bring in someone else when McNabb goes down...then get someone else to hold the ball? Really?

A SECOND ROUND PICK?

Yep. If Rivers works hard enough he can be in the league for three years and end up as a third string QB behind Koy Detmer who can hold better for kicks. Then if he is REALLY lucky he can find a NFL franchise that is so inept in the front office that they are willing to give up a 2nd round pick and $3M to sign him!!

No sense in worrying about Phillip Rivers. If he really sucks WanSpeil will deal away big picks and big money to have him throw INTs for us!

Now with that nonsense out of the way...

Drew Henson is a promising young prospect. I believe Dallas did a good job of picking him up. Even if he doesn't pan out you are no worse off. But if he hits, then he is a franchise QB.

IceStorm said:
Henson was traded to the phearless Dallas Cowboys and their *** of an owner. They were all abuzz of him for this past mini camp.

He's here in Dallas (puke...excuse me) and thats all they've been talking about. Of course, he's probably an upgrade over Quincy Carter.
My mother is an upgrade over Quincy Carter. :eek:

Spikes said:
You want factual information?

Feeley played a few games TWO SEASON AGO and NO ONE aquired him the offseason after he played those games.

That's a fact.

Want another one?

He never moved up from 3rd on the depth chart...because the #2 guy held the ball for kicks.

Think about that for a second. Really think about it. It wasn't worth teaching him, or someone else on the roster how to hold the ball? He was SO GREAT A QB TALENT that the Eagles would rather bring in someone else when McNabb goes down...then get someone else to hold the ball? Really?

A SECOND ROUND PICK?

If I'm not mistaken, Koy Detmer has been holding for the Eagles since before A.J. Feeley was even drafted. He's also regarded as one of if not the best holder in the league.

Don't underestimate the importance of special teams (you of all people shouldn't....20-19 Giants). Heck, we kept MARK ROYALS for so long because he was Mare's holder and Mare didn't want to change holders yet again. Especially when our long snapper went down with an ACL in preseason and the replacements were spraying snaps all over the place.

Finally, the reason no one aquired Feeley after 2002 was because he was under contract and the asking price was still high (so teams backed off). If Feeley was so much worse than Detmer, as you assert, then how come Koy Detmer hasn't received a sniff in six seasons, while Feeley has generated interest the past two years (and was traded). Even Ron Wolf wanted the Browns to go after him.

Back
Top Bottom