What ever happened to Drew Henson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What ever happened to Drew Henson?

Muck said:
Finally, the reason no one aquired Feeley after 2002 was because he was under contract and the asking price was still high (so teams backed off). If Feeley was so much worse than Detmer, as you assert, then how come Koy Detmer hasn't received a sniff in six seasons, while Feeley has generated interest the past two years (and was traded). Even Ron Wolf wanted the Browns to go after him.

Hey, don't cloud the passionate debate with logic!

Everyone should be allowed to spew whatever nonsense they want without having to face reasoned, logical responses.

Phinfan31 said:
I thought he was going to be a dolphin for sure. How come we couldnt get that deal worked out?

Because his agent wanted a guaranteed 10 year deal and like some crazy amount of front, etc. Only Jerry Jones was smoking the same crack as Drew's agent.

What did Dallas end up trading to Houston to get Henson?

If we needed to replace our QB next year, Henson would have been worth going after, but we need someone this year and RS and DW need to get into the p/o's and be a much improved team or they will be replaced next year...(at least DW for sure will be, RS may get another year, depending on the new coach). Henson, despite all the hype, is a project that is a year away. I think he has the "potential", but that and 50 cents will get me a cup of Joe.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Hey, don't cloud the passionate debate with logic!

Everyone should be allowed to spew whatever nonsense they want without having to face reasoned, logical responses.
Exactly...:lol:

Seriously, how many versions of Muck's last post have been posted? It gets old having to repeat the same things to uninformed guests.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
It's very important not to get too caught up in speculation...:sleep:

CO84, you might have the greatest sig of time :cool:

Spikes said:
You want factual information?

Feeley played a few games TWO SEASON AGO and NO ONE aquired him the offseason after he played those games.

That's a fact.

Want another one?

He never moved up from 3rd on the depth chart...because the #2 guy held the ball for kicks.

Think about that for a second. Really think about it. It wasn't worth teaching him, or someone else on the roster how to hold the ball? He was SO GREAT A QB TALENT that the Eagles would rather bring in someone else when McNabb goes down...then get someone else to hold the ball? Really?

A SECOND ROUND PICK?

He was good enough that if McNabb had to miss a start last season, he would have been the starter. Not the gameday listed #2 quarterback who was the #2 quarterback on gameday only because he held for the kicker.

He was good enough that the Jets almost traded for him to replace the injured Chad Pennington.

He was good enough that Ron Wolf, the quarterback guru of the NFL, advised the Cleveland Browns to trade for him instead of waiting for Jeff Garcia to be released.

front page of NFL.com talks about how Henson is looking good in 1st minicamp...i have a feeling he will be real good right away...

Phishstix said:
CO84, you might have the greatest sig of time :cool:

I don't see a sig on his posts, and I resent that. The imortal words of Jimmy Pop are second to no one.

The reason was stopped pursusing Henson is that his agent wanted a 10 year contract to make up for the fact he would get paid like a 6th round for 3 years or so. That scared us off going in that direction and helped Rick finalize his plans to get AJ Feeley after the possibilty of getting Ramsey was gone

I wouldn't criticize any moves made by Parcells. Niether Wanny or Mularkey are worthy of holding his jockstrap at this point.

Back
Top Bottom